• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nashville peeps

Craig_c

Planning a date weekend to Nashville in a couple weekends, what's fun to do? Gonna do the obvious Hall of fame and Johnny Cash museum, maybe go to the Opry. But where are some good fun places for music and such, the local kind of places?

Also, what's a good part of town to stay in? Any hotel recommendations? And anywhere I just have to go eat?

We always stay at the renaissance hotel down town. Easy walking distance to the strip and bars. Theres always live music everyplace down there. Dont know if the bar scene is your thing but we always spend couple nites on the strip and run around the city during the day hitting different historical places and museums

More into the hole in the wall type places with good music.

First time me and the wife have spent a whole weekend together since our daughter was born......she's 4 now!

There are tons of bars and restaurants on 2nd and on Broadway, there is always live music.

There are some cool historical places down there as well.

Predator's games are fun too.

Tootsies rooftop is fun.
Acme feed and seed is awesome. They always have a live band downstairs. The bands are hit or miss. I've seen anything from swing to salsa and everything in between there.

Best burger in Nashville/hole in the wall is Gabbys. Do yourselves a favor and go try it! Only open for lunch and normally they are pretty busy. But it's very very worth it. They have a secret menu also. Password is shamus.

Go walk through opry land hotel. Park at opry mills mall by Dave and busters. Then walk across. Saves $20 in parking. The inside is crazy/a panty dropper. Haha

The square in downtown Franklin is pretty cool. Women folk love it. There are also several civil war battle fields near there that are worth going to. While you're there, checkout papa boudreaux's cajun food. Dude got relocated here after Katrina. You'll thank me.

There's a legit indoor gocart track. 40+ mph in door electric carts.

Thanks! I've never spent any amount of time there, but have passed right through many. It's a short trip for us from near Louisville.

smbroady82 said:
That place is legit! I've been there twice. Not the easiest place to find but man is it fun.
Yea man. My father in law's dad used to be a Nashville fire fighter. So it's pretty cool rolling down that street listening to him talk about the different fires and stuff he put out.

The Luke said:
Go walk through opry land hotel. Park at opry mills mall by Dave and busters. Then walk across. Saves $20 in parking. The inside is crazy/a panty dropper. Haha

I can confirm the hotel is in fact a panty dropper. Been there twice and once with an ex and another time with an ex, as an ex, to see if we could rekindle what once was. I dropped my panties both times.

LandSpeeder said:
I can confirm the hotel is in fact a panty dropper. Been there twice and once with an ex and another time with an ex, as an ex, to see if we could rekindle what once was. I dropped my panties both times.

If you were my ex step dad I would believe that. But that's a story for another day when more beer is involved.

Santa's Pub is a hell of a local bar. $2 beers, cash only, karaoke, and right next the Nashville speedway. About 3-5 miles from downtown.

Go to the swinging door. Not sure if they put Crack on there chicken or what but it was the best chicken and tater tots I ever ate. Gabby's was awesome. We stayed at the Hyatt place and cannot say enough about how great the staff was. They had no problem valet parking my truck and trailer and keeping a eye on everything.

hwmiller said:
Santa's Pub is a hell of a local bar. $2 beers, cash only, karaoke, and right next the Nashville speedway. About 3-5 miles from downtown.
Santas pub is awesome. Crazy smoky. But overall a good place.