• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help from an electrician

offroadr1

I recently bought an older cold saw off craigslist. I have seen it run and I know it works. Trouble is, the guy i bought it form doesnt seem to know how he was powering it. He thinks its single phase 110 and its very clearly not. There is no data sticker on it anymore. I have 4 wires going in, green, white, black and grey. The ground goes to a ground block inside the controls. They other 3 all go to the power switch inside the control box. Switch the main power on and it is distributed throughout the rest of the controls and components. WHat i need to know is if it is single phase or 3 phase. Plug on it is a 4 prong twist lock if that helps any.

Ok thats what I was thinking. Motor has no start capacitors so that made me think 3 phase.

How do I determine what voltage 3 phase it is?

Most all three phase motors can run low and high voltage. Take the cover off the motor and see how it is wired.

bjeep said:
Most all three phase motors can run low and high voltage. Take the cover off the motor and see how it is wired.

This.

Interested in his set up to run it wherever.

Re: Re: Need help from an electrician

bjeep said:
Marty your smarter than Google

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jep72m said:

No Sir. Just a flunky....

Jep72m said:

know it and he gives himself no credit. Albert Einstein once had a question. He called Marty to answer it. :****: