• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need help--on sac up

CrustyJeep said:
That's not very far in, but with the axle gone, it's gonna take at least two rigs to drag it out to the gravel road...

i NEED it right next to the raod so you will have to drag it thru the creek, up onto the road and across the raod to the opening directly across..

Heres how we found it, we dammed up the area to try to contain the fluids and threw all the parts in the bed.
Picture1287.jpg

ZukPirate said:
Do you know of what special license's or permits if any at all are needed to fly in - say over Reiter - and just drop a line, and hook. to remove the vehicles or debries from the area. ?
:D
it would not be cost effective to do this. A helicopter big enough to do the job is going to burn a ton of fuel, about 100 gallons a hour. Also you don't want to fly anywhere near the power lines.

crash said:
i NEED it right next to the raod so you will have to drag it thru the creek, up onto the road and across the raod to the opening directly across..
I know, I was just saying it's gonna take some hard pulling to get it to gravel, then it's easy.

Toyoda said:
hmmmm......wonder if it has a good dash? And I could use a undamaged drivers inside door panel....hmmmmmm

if it were me id leave the vehicle untouched except for the dragging it to the road part. but thats just me.:stirpot:

Toyoda said:
hmmmm......wonder if it has a good dash? And I could use a undamaged drivers inside door panel....hmmmmmm
Taking parts from a stolen rig puts you just as responsible as the guys that did it to begin with.

But no, there were no good parts. :cool:

olllllllo said:
Taking parts from a stolen rig puts you just as responsible as the guys that did it to begin with.

Theres a law on the books....

If you have a rig w/ stolen parts on it... you may / can, lose your rig!
Had a friend buy a motor & other parts... sometime later after one of those smog inspections.... he got a knock on the door, informing him - that his truck was being impounded - and he was under arrest for theft.

long story short... get reciepts or bills of sale - for anything you buy now!
axles / doors / parts have a marking system on them & can be traced back.
why do you think junkyards write everything down... get proof you bought them from someone... w/ a name address or id # or your screwed...

as for grave robbing... think of how the guy feels about his truck that was left behind cause he got stuck? or because it was stolen? I'd be pissed....
and if you get caught taking anything from it, your just as at fault as anyone.

thats why i asked who informs who... cause if you hook up a chain to it, and around the corner comes the owner.... and see's it completely thrashed???
he's going to be calling the cop's on you! as if you did all the damage....

i don't and can't afford to be sued over something like that... it happens.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I write down plates & vin's and call them in... if anything - i volunteer to go back w/ a police officer and show them the location - and will pull / yank 'em out - only after a police officer is aware and says to do so...

I was totally kiddin, I wouldnt touch a stolen rig unless the authorities knew about it first.

olllllllo said:

Binder said:
it would not be cost effective to do this. A helicopter big enough to do the job is going to burn a ton of fuel, about 100 gallons a hour. Also you don't want to fly anywhere near the power lines.

Last time (last year) I hired one to fly in a concrete hopper it was $375.00 per hour plus fuel wound up costing about $4500.0 to pour a 10'x10'x 1' foundation for a repeater station

pokey said:
Last time (last year) I hired one to fly in a concrete hopper it was $375.00 per hour plus fuel wound up costing about $4500.0 to pour a 10'x10'x 1' foundation for a repeater station

Lazy Old Man Syndrome... there... gets costly being old... huh? :D J/K
I would of got me some pack mules or some of Crashes goats to haul bags up.
and just brought a rake or 12ft 4x4 to level & smooth it out... ya'ouch - $5k.

ZukPirate said:
Lazy Old Man Syndrome... there... gets costly being old... huh? :D J/K
I would of got me some pack mules or some of Crashes goats to haul bags up.
and just brought a rake or 12ft 4x4 to level & smooth it out... ya'ouch - $5k.

12 miles to the nearest road and almost impossible to walk to. and the actual cost for the job was about $12,000 the $4500 was just the helo cost. Next time I do one of these I will call you to pack the cement in for us:rolleyes:

It is out of the hole it was in and it is sitting along side the trail, if I was driving something other then a house I would have pulled it all the way out but I just could not maneuver around very will so I left it were any smaller rig can pull it out now.