• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need powerjoke help

runner over

so i picked up a 2000 superduty with the powerstroke i got a redicolous deal on this truck but i need some advice. its smokes pretty bad an looks like its had some hard miles and a tuner on it. it runs good but smokes blueish black smoke the dealership charged me a bunch of cash and told me it has 2 bad injectors but i dont know wich ones or how to change or check them. also its a auto and in reverse it has no stall it dies if you try to use the brakes to sit in reverse??? but it backs up if u hit the gas. does anyone know where i could get some help making this thing daily driveble besides the stealership. or does anyone wanna make some. cash helping me fix these issues.

so i picked up a 2000 superduty with the powerstroke i got a redicolous deal on this truck but i need some advice. its smokes pretty bad an looks like its had some hard miles and a tuner on it. it runs good but smokes blueish black smoke the dealership charged me a bunch of cash and told me it has 2 bad injectors but i dont know wich ones or how to change or check them. also its a auto and in reverse it has no stall it dies if you try to use the brakes to sit in reverse??? but it backs up if u hit the gas. does anyone know where i could get some help making this thing daily driveble besides the stealership. or does anyone wanna make some. cash helping me fix these issues.

gotta love them ROACHES

well im getting a tranny from a junk yard after i get that changed im going to figure out the motor issues its deffinatly getting to much fuel and choking out until i stop and let it idle for a minute after that it runs ok untill i put it under a hard load again then it starts missing and smoking..
any suggestions would be great . mechanic

i was asking for help i need a good mechanic to look at it and not charge me a arm an leg with nothing getting fixed. the dealer said to fix the tranny then he could get a propper reading from his scanner he said that the tranny kept tripping a code so he could only start out by fixing the glow plug relay and the 2 injectors . ive never worked on a power stroke so im lost. i am buying the truck for 3 grand from a friend who got it from a repo company. i dont want to spend 15 gs on a 12,000 dollor truck im trying to fix it for less than its worth. i would like 2 spen 3 on the truck and a couple on fixing it and actully come out ahead. any suggestions would be great i can give it back sunday and get my money back if i want but i dont know what to do???

they told me which two they were but thats where they said they would start. after that they said there could be more issues they were very vague when i said i would pick it up and not have them fix the problems. it was more than 3500 to fix the tranny, glow plugs, and 2 injectors. they said there could be alot more issues i dont wanna spend 3500 and then have 2 spend alot more 2 get it drivable. i was trying to get a better idea of the total costs.

they told me which two they were but thats where they said they would start. after that they said there could be more issues they were very vague when i said i would pick it up and not have them fix the problems. it was more than 3500 to fix the tranny, glow plugs, and 2 injectors. they said there could be alot more issues i dont wanna spend 3500 and then have 2 spend alot more 2 get it drivable. i was trying to get a better idea of the total costs.

Here is how I aproach these types of things at the professional level. Some issues can easily be masked by others and some times you are unable to go beyond whats failed. IMO (and this comes from years of experiance) you need to start by fixing the injectors and glow plug system and go from there. As for the tranny sounds like you are going to just replace it.

There is only so much that can be done at the keyboard level...

If it has a 6.0 in it I would just take it back. if its a 7.3 it might be worth fixing up. the 6 liters are fords problem child / and ford customers money pits

Judging by what you've written here you don't have the means to fix it yourself and can't afford to have it done so you should take it back.

I agree, but if you really want to keep it, do your research on NWForddiesels. You'll have more headaches then you can handle if you take it to that "shop".

Here is how I aproach these types of things at the professional level. Some issues can easily be masked by others and some times you are unable to go beyond whats failed. IMO (and this comes from years of experiance) you need to start by fixing the injectors and glow plug system and go from there. As for the tranny sounds like you are going to just replace it.

There is only so much that can be done at the keyboard level...

I definitely agree with what Mikey said. You need to start by fixing the stuff that you know is bad before you can determine if there's anything else wrong. A couple of failed/failing injectors could be the entire culprit for the issues or it could just be the tip of the iceberg.

This is why you're getting such a good deal on the truck... it's a gamble. I've gotten "good deals" before that turned into big headaches to troubleshoot/diagnose/fix, and I've gotten good deals that were fixed with a couple hundred bucks in parts... so it's your call.

If it has a 6.0 in it I would just take it back. if its a 7.3 it might be worth fixing up. the 6 liters are fords problem child / and ford customers money pits
It's a 2000 so it's a 7.3 and I have never had an issue w/ my 6.0 that wasn't a direct result of my right foot and a heavy load. I've blown one injector and the EGR cooler all covered under warranty even with a tuner. You can also try www.superdutydiesel.com there's pages of good troubleshooting information there.