• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need Prayers for our Baby Boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, Brayden got moved out of the ICU today and hopefully go home in a couple or few days as long as he eats good tonight and tomorrow, he has done real good with this surgery. He is off all his oxygen and IV meds except one and his oxygen levels are staying up real good more than they expected. But he is having a hard time eating today but he ate good yesterday. So just keep sending prayers up for him and think about all these other little sick kids that are down here that are worse off than our son. It's truly sad to see all these kids that are so sick but we and everyone down here are so very lucky to have such an amazing place for our kids. I think The Lord everyday for these amazing doctors :dblthumb:

Well not as good of a night as we have been having, he wasn't wanting to take his bottle so they had to put a feeding tube down his nose to get some formula in him, and they out him back on a little oxygen this morning because his O2 stats were a little low but not too bad. Just hoping and praying he gets to feeling better and starts back taking his bottle good today

B.DRAKE said:
Hey all, Brayden got moved out of the ICU today and hopefully go home in a couple or few days as long as he eats good tonight and tomorrow, he has done real good with this surgery. He is off all his oxygen and IV meds except one and his oxygen levels are staying up real good more than they expected. But he is having a hard time eating today but he ate good yesterday. So just keep sending prayers up for him and think about all these other little sick kids that are down here that are worse off than our son. It's truly sad to see all these kids that are so sick but we and everyone down here are so very lucky to have such an amazing place for our kids. I think The Lord everyday for these amazing doctors :dblthumb:

Send that boy home with me, I'll have him eating ribs and chasing it down with some Similac in no time. :eat: :eat: :eat:

B.Drake I don't know you and you don't know me but I pray for you all. Back in November we were not able to bring our baby girl home and never will, I hope and pray everything turns out for him. God Bless

B Led said:
B.Drake I don't know you and you don't know me but I pray for you all. Back in November we were not able to bring our baby girl home and never will, I hope and pray everything turns out for him. God Bless

Hey man thanks! So sorry to about your baby girl!

Hopefully we will get to go home today or tomorrow, he is back up and eating like a CHAMP! Thanks for everyone's prayers and thoughts they sure have helped this little man out his whole life :dblthumb:

Still praying and will continue to bud

Lots of people at church have been asking about him

I tell them he doing good but keep on praying cause we all know prayer works

Let me know if u need anything man

Well they admitted Brayden back in the hospital yesterday. He has been really fussy the past few days and he had a Pediatrician appointment yesterday, they said he still had some fluid that he hasn't passed from surgery that could be causing it. So they wanted us to take him to the Children's ER to have some test run and they wanted to keep him over night and do some test and put him on some IV meds to help him pass the fluid he still has from surgery. Hopefully it'll just be a overnight thing but ill know more as the day goes and I'll try to keep everyone posted. Just sucks that I have to be at work today and not be down there with my wife and little boy but someone has to pay the bills.

So if you don't care please send a Prayer up for my little buddy, I know alot of you never stopped Praying for him and for that I'm so thankful for you!

We still praying 2 buddy

Hope he is feeling better

Thanks guys!

Hopefully he will get to come home tomorrow, they got almost all the fluids off and they put him on oxygen because his oxygen level was a little low but they said that's pretty common for babies that have this Glenn Shunt procedure because sometimes the body takes a little while to learn its new plumbing and how to transfer oxygen through the body. I think they are gonna send him home on a little oxygen just to help him out a little til he can do it better on his own. The Doctors seem to think that between his o2 levels being low and the fluid he had was what was making him fussy because yesterday he was a totally different baby and smiles and grins and gooing at everybody lol. They are also putting him on Similac Sensitive formula instead of the very expensive Elecare formula he was on (Elecare $40 a can Similac $20 a can) that was costing me about 500 a month alone :eek:

Many thanks to all you who have prayed for my son he is truly a blessed little man!

buddy i know what ya mean about the formula ours has a food allergy and our formula has to be ordered thru the pharmacy !! And thanks to the recent changes in health care and insurance it isnt covered... But they are all worth it.... Hope he gets better and we can get together and let em hang out !! :dblthumb:

Yea that formula was high but I said if that's what he needs that's what he is gonna get!

He come home yesterday, they sent him home on a little oxygen but said he will only be on it for a week or 2. He is still taking he Similac formula great so looks like we will get to come off of the expensive Elecare. He is doin great and back to the happy baby he has always been :dblthumb:

Great news. My offer of steak and Similac still stands for the little guy. :eat:

Status
Not open for further replies.