• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some full size wheeling advice @ Reiter

AnnaBanana

The Ditch Witch
Evaluating the idea of taking someone out to reiter to get them aquainted...

They have a full size blazer, 1986 that has panels intact, and they are proud of that, and furthermore they would appreciate it staying that way.

Where on gods green earth can I haul this guy to w/o him getting banged up?

He's set up with gears/lockers/tires and carries spare parts. Just not spare body panels...

This person is used to wheeling in moab and vegas... so think wide open spaces.

I asked him to join here, I don't know if he will or not.

Heck, what do I know about fullsize trails, I've only ever know Jeep fit.

Thanks in advance for your helpful input!

... the upper power lines, lower power lines and poop chute area, the logging roads... possibly isabele depending on how bad it is now... everything in the trees risks body damage... i'd say tahuya... not much of risk to get body damage there, but no challenges...

Last edited:
Power lines, index wall, Isebella, 3-step maybe, poop shoot and if you take all the easy routes sackup.

what size tires and how much lift?

Power lines, index wall, Isebella, 3-step maybe, poop shoot and if you take all the easy routes sackup.

what size tires and how much lift?

35" tires, 4" lift

it also happens to be for sale on ebay... he has a 46cj on its way it just hasn't arrived here yet.

so this taking the blazer out is a temporary thing from what i understand.

35" tires, 4" lift

it also happens to be for sale on ebay... he has a 46cj on its way it just hasn't arrived here yet.

i personally wouldn't leave the power lines, and would stay out of the mud, off the rocks and out of the v-notch on the upper powerlines... if it's up for sale. one last joy ride usually ends up really bad...

35" tires, 4" lift

just looked on ebay. only 2 86 blazers. one in Illinois, one in Virginia.

which is his?

if he is worried about damage he should not wheel it up here. even the power lines will probably give him permanent pinstripping.

Thank you EVERYONE for the input, I will relay this back to him, and let him make his decison... worst case scenario, we'll be stowing him ridging shotgun somewhere... that is of course if more than just my rig shows up to do so...

anyone wanna do a light run saturday?

Forget the State regulated parks...he is unwelcome...but go find an adventure with the FS-roads, have a pik nik and enjoy each others company..