• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some guidance

Keep 4runner as-is and build a buggy. I'm a yota guy but understand the buggy mentality. Yota's don't last above a 37" tire. I have Cruiser axles under mine and they still break with 39" stickies...

jeeptj99 said:
Ah. There was one running the AOP 4 banger races that was doing really well the couple races I went to. If I could start all over again I would have done a 4 runner or truck like Brodys.

That's ZMan's FToy and it's as good as it gets... got him a crate 22R motor up in that unit! He is also a badass driver/racer. Used to wheel a lot with him.

LandSpeeder said:
Keep 4runner as-is and build a buggy. I'm a yota guy but understand the buggy mentality. Yota's don't last above a 37" tire. I have Cruiser axles under mine and they still break with 39" stickies...

That's ZMan's FToy and it's as good as it gets... got him a crate 22R motor up in that unit! He is also a badass driver/racer. Used to wheel a lot with him.

That unit is bad ass pretty much as good as it gets for a leaf sprung yota.

It would almost keep up with the cherocars when we was racing ecors.

zayne2427 said:
The Legend 2.0.... crew cab.. nuff said

Well that will be the name more than likely. The plan is 5.0 gt40 p engine c6 205 and one tons on 43 stickies. I already have a lot of the parts so I will start on it in a couple months when it cools down. I'm really excited about this project. I'm gonna invest in a roll bender so I've got some ideas that I think will look good,be a family rig and take a beating like the first buggy did. Thanks guys for all the input I can't wait to start a build thread... thumb.gif

natedawgxj said:
Well that will be the name more than likely. The plan is 5.0 gt40 p engine c6 205 and one tons on 43 stickies. I already have a lot of the parts so I will start on it in a couple months when it cools down. I'm really excited about this project. I'm gonna invest in a roll bender so I've got some ideas that I think will look good,be a family rig and take a beating like the first buggy did. Thanks guys for all the input I can't wait to start a build thread... thumb.gif

With that drivetrain and tire size alone i would stay FAR away from the Ftoy idea.....

i have been daydreaming for a LONG while now about building a One ton V8 rig....mainly because of the need for more power when everything is wet and a longer wheelbase. My Ftoy does great when its dry, but when it gets wet that's where more power and wheel speed would be nice. As a "Crawler" they work great, and i am sure the area out west they were designed around they do very well. The Ftoy it really is not good in the type of terrain we have in the south....just my opinion. It can do it, but i am always left wanting to do more.

And like others have said about breakage with a larger tire, that was the very reason i bought 37s because i knew with 39's it would be a matter of time and the parts would start letting go....i wanted reliability and part longevity over running a larger tire.

I have measured the diff on my Toy axles with 37 Trep compared to my buddy 60/14 with 43 SX stickies and there is only around one inch of difference in ground clearance....and that really shocked me...none of the axles are shave either.

Latest posts