• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some help with my 4.3 CPI

It goes from 114 to 157 which are very close to max rich to max lean...

114 counts is not what I would call abnormal(common to see 115-120 on a good operating motor). But 157 is way high and thats what I would be looking at.

Yeah, I'll start it up and try to hold it at the lowest steady rpm I can get so we can see what it's doing. I was really expecting to see the fuel trim very rich since the exh smells terrible. On the CPI inj there is only 1 solenoid and it sends pressure to all 6 poppets at once. The fuel pressure is dead nutz 60psi running. I changed the INJ spider when I installed the motor. It's a Borg Warner from Oreilly's.

114 counts is not what I would call abnormal(common to see 115-120 on a good operating motor). But 157 is way high and thats what I would be looking at.

Neither one is "abnormal". What's abnormal is that those numbers are both in the same trim cell within a couple minutes of each other...The number itself tells very little.

Nope, I hooked it to my pecker and stuffed the #1 wire up my arse. As per the instructions in the Haynes manual:redneck:.
:haha::haha:
Just thought I'd ask---I have seen stranger things throw folks off...:D
Have you double-checked all the ECM grounds...engine/frame to body grounds, batt to engine...batt to frame?

Eat'n dinner then back to it.

Yes, triple checked the grounds. Could be a bad ecu but I have the original prom and swapped them 2 weeks ago. It runs the same either way.

Neither one is "abnormal". What's abnormal is that those numbers are both in the same trim cell within a couple minutes of each other...The number itself tells very little.

yes/no. We use it in the field quite often..

Not a member of Binder Planet so I can't open the files but yes I do have the correct pinouts I believe.

I f-ing with the timing to see if it makes a difference....................