• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some sweet pinstriping pics...

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
Looking for some cool oldschool style hotrod lookin' pinstriping for a logo idea. Searched Google but haven't found anything good. Willing to pay (very little, I'm broke) if somebody does it on the side and can do one custom for me even. Any ideas? ...Wyatt?

Speeding said:
Looking for some cool oldschool style hotrod lookin' pinstriping for a logo idea. Searched Google but haven't found anything good. Willing to pay (very little, I'm broke) if somebody does it on the side and can do one custom for me even. Any ideas? ...Wyatt?

Ask Pdaddy im sure he has some oldschool pinstripping in his underwear. :flipoff1:

google "image search" and try pinstriping.

What are you trying to do? Does it need to be by hand, or are you looking for a digital file?

I know a handful of 'stripers, but I dont like any of there work. To relaxed, to too manic, to psychodelic have to be high as **** to pull a crazy good line. Pinstriping is as different as each guys personality.
I have several different artists work hanging up and around my garage, but my favorite dude is a guy that goes by Caffeine. I have shipped him stuff to do. Cause I dig his style.

But a few names you can search is Scratch, Caffeine, Von Franco, Von Dutch, Anthony White, Tommy the Greek, Peter Pan of Chicago.

Alot of those guys are either dead or assholes.

Quick story, an old man I know in KC had me picking up a welder from him to bring back to Houston to somebody he sold it to. That past time hanging out with him we were checking out his '64 Chevy pickup. Orange, white top, 3/4 ton longbed, nothing fancy. I knew he moved to KC from Cali 30 years prior and in this truck to boot. He was a machinist and specialized in printing presses so he'd been working for the KC Star for the past 30 years. Well he asked me about something on his carb on his truck, and he pops the hood and it is all pinstripped out in the engine compartment. I'm like WOW, but WTF? Turns out his dad and Kenneth Howard (Von Dutch) were long time friends. well one night "Dutchy" as he called him got too gone to go anywhere so the old man locks "Dutchy" in the shop. When they get in the next morning to open up "Dutchy" has pinstriped any and everything that wasn't pinned down, including the engine bay of this then only couple year old truck. I thought it a funny story that I met someone that actually knew Kenneth Howard. And I'm not talking about the commercialized "Von Dutch" **** you see out there. From what I hear "Dutchy" has been turning over in his grave about that ****.

here is one that my friend robby did...i am probably gonna have him air brush a set of skins for the car when i get it back together.....

l_9db34416e044a612bf41c6b414a3cfd5.png

here is a pics of a scoop from a 1927 roadster that he is working on....it is unfinished atm....

l_d7059be768182e5d29b98f836184e475.png

I honestly don't know what I want. Other than I want simple and I'd like it to be short and wide <<<<>>>> I want to put some text on top of the striping. I was hoping you guys knew of some cool website where people were showcasing thier work or something.

I dig that piece, but its not really my flavor, too busy, I love its symetry though, and the though process to keep it all equal.

Latest posts