• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Needing help from my hardline friends.

Countryboy11117

Im needing help to start a charity for people with disabilities so i started a go fund me account. I want to be able to buy 2 or 3 rzrs so i can take people with disabilities out riding trails. It will show the freedoms of riding and that their life isnt over just because of their disability. As most of you probably feel the same way i do . Riding trails on a nice can be a huge stress reliever and let you get away from the world even if just for a few hours. I think this would be a great help for people who are depressed or stressed about what theyre going through with their injury. Thanks for reading and even if you cant donate please repost on facebook or any social network to support my cause.
Heres my link for gofund me
http://m.gofund.me/s7wgv6x

Is this just in the idea stage or do you already have a legitimate not for profit organization setup for this? If so what the name? I believe a lot more info would be necessary.

My name is Justin Baxley. Im from Pinson,AL. For liability purposes i was going to have a waivor drawn up for a ride at own risk. I have not gone through larger stages of creating a full website before i find out how well this will go. Im a C5 quadriplegic and when i go to spain rehab and talk to patients new to this life style about trail riding it seems to give a little hope so ive decided to take a next step and offer the oppertunity to experience it first hand. All i need is help getting the rzrs and ill take care of gas, repairs, and transport. As far as riding areas go stoney lonesome has a lot of great beginner trails. Thanks for your input. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I think your heart is in the right place. It's very commendable of you to even consider the handicapped like this.
That said, What do you ride now? Why not adjust that and just start bringing them along? Why new RZRs? I'd be much more apt at donating if I knew of you doing this before hand rather than just saying to myself "I hope he doesn't just want a new RZR..." because trust me, that's what everyone is thinking when they read this.

Are you talking about a fleet of hand controlled rzrs?
Is this what your using now for yourself? Help us understand and maybe we can also "see" what it is you're seeing. Your vision. Once people can understand, maybe a Little bit will flow in.

LandSpeeder said:
Is this what your using now for yourself? Help us understand and maybe we can also "see" what it is you're seeing. Your vision. Once people can understand, maybe a Little bit will flow in.

This is what I was wondering myself. Would all be modified and is this part of what needs funded or are you covering that?

Check out outdoors without limits, Kirk Thomas was my neighbor before we moved and he started this non profit after he became paralyzed. They do some amazing things for people with disabilities, maybe you can get some ideas for your group or it may be easier to join his. http://outdoorswithoutlimits.net

Maybe a little off the topic but I helped with special Olympics events when I was in high school I have always wondered what it would take to organize a ride that people with disabilities could come and do a ride along I know I would be happy to be a part of that.

I like where your heart is too, i think it might work out better if you organized volunteer wheelers to take handicapped folks on rides, then you wouldn't need to buy rzr's.

Man it just seems like ALOT of fine tape when you talk about this kind of stuff. You have people that are already injured or handicapped in some sort of way and when you expose them to offroad conditions it just seems a great opportunity to further injure them. Ones being paid from lawsuits and such seems like it would breech agreements etc etc..

And for you to just right out the gate ask for New RZR money is just a little bold. Might wanna take baby steps. Do some explaining about you plan first. I mean hell if you start doing it and it don`t work out what did we do... besides buy YOU some new RZRs..

And for you to just right out the gate ask for New RZR money is just a little bold.

thats one way to put it

another vote for: proper introduction, proper amount of background homework needs to be done/shown, etc

honestly, even with the heartfelt story, this reads more like you've seen a lot of people making big $ off kickstarter ideas and want to get a piece of the pie

Its always better to show people what you have done instead of telling them what you are going to do. Get everything else set in stone first then start asking for charity.

LandSpeeder said:
I think your heart is in the right place. It's very commendable of you to even consider the handicapped like this.
That said, What do you ride now? Why not adjust that and just start bringing them along? Why new RZRs? I'd be much more apt at donating if I knew of you doing this before hand rather than just saying to myself "I hope he doesn't just want a new RZR..." because trust me, that's what everyone is thinking when they read this.

I have a rhino 450 that has hand controls which is great for me but with as high as it sits people who are not as strong or balance as well can not get in it. RZR 800 sits even with wheel chairs and is a much easier transfer. Im not looking to get brand new RZR 900s or 1000s. Im looking to get a few used 800s for that purpose.

LandSpeeder said:
Im talking about 2 maybe 3 with hand controls. I use menox hand control which cost about $1000 a piece but are the best fit for UTVs. I would like to have the budge to help pay for them but i will buy them myself if not.

I understand where everyone is coming from the idea is sketchy. Ive never been the one to ask for hand outs. Ive thought and prayed about this a lot. My idea came from what i went through and how riding really brought me out of my depression and my " i cant do anything because im in a wheelchair" attitude. I will accomplish this goal even if it takes me paying every last bit of the cost myself because i truely believe it can help others. The only reason i started the gofund me was in hopes that could get a little help with it. You never know what will happen until you ask so i did.

Latest posts