• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nerf bars / running boards / step bars

patooyee

Its been a while since I've bought any but the ones on my tow rig are rotting out to the point that they are dangerous to step on . They came with the used truck and obviously weren't the highest quality. Are there brands that are better than others these days or are they all about the same Hecho in Mayheeko crap that I currently have?

If you like the look NFAB has about the best step I have seen as far as quality.

Just put the N-fab bars on wifes Tahoe. There really nice. Just wished they stuck out a lil further.

Nfabs are nice. Also, some of the truck steps have a third step for easy access to the bed of the truck.

smurfy90 said:
Just put the N-fab bars on wifes Tahoe. There really nice. Just wished they stuck out a lil further.

If I ever put em on my tow rig, Nfab would be what I'd get too. That's a good looking hoe son! :****:

What's with everyone's hard-on for Smittybilt? Are they good **** or something? Their pricing doesn't seem to reflect a super-high quality build, not that I mind value or anything.

patooyee said:
What's with everyone's hard-on for Smittybilt? Are they good **** or something? Their pricing doesn't seem to reflect a super-high quality build, not that I mind value or anything.

I didn't know anyone had a hardon for smittybilt?

but the smittybilt bars that look like NFAB bars.... are NFAB bars, just re-labeled as smittys...

Sorry, I thought there were several Smittybilt recommendations but looking back now I see only you. I need more sleep.

My old ones had a third step in the back for bed side access. I really liked that. I can't seem to find any that have that for less than about $550. It seems that you can take a $200 step bar, add a third step to it, and automatically increase the value by 275%. Unless I can find something more reasonable I will definitely be building my own with the third step.

I have the N-Fab steps on my truck and they seem to hold up pretty good seem to be good quality also. I would buy them again if I had to do over again. I'm with smurfy90 on wishing they stuck out about Little farther that's my only complaint but you get youst to it and never notice it . And when I bought mine I believe they had the 3rd step as an option also