• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New "Bridge" at Golden Mountain

wizzo

Got a couple pics from Steve "rockwell 1" showing the new bridge. I don't know who all helped but definitely want to thank Steve and everyone who took the time to build a new bridge. I'm sure he can share what all was done and who helped.

IMG_8877_zpsm0upgrnj.jpg

IMG_5651_zpsj7wl6cj9.jpg

Man that looks nice :****: I think that was one of the best features at Golden Mountain. Glad to see it back, thank you to everyone that helped, cannot wait to try it out :driving:

Sweet! Love the "jungle" area, one of my favorites.
Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

The bridge has been repaired,a couple friends and I worked fri and sat. on the " sketchy ass bridge" in the jungle at GMP. We ripped all the old decking off that exposed some very rotted support beams.After reworking underneath we decked the top with oak 4 x 6s (thanks Berry and Anthony ) We might have made it a little wider but it is still sketchy, if it was easy it wouldn't be Golden Mountain. I can assure you it will be solid for many years.I had several people wanting to help, I had some free time so we just went and did it . To all that wanted to help we will be cutting a new trail soon we sure could use some help. Thanks Mike Monroe and Mike page for the help i couldn't have did it without you.

Sweet. With the old one rotten and leaning a good bit to the left it was a definite pucker moment. Everyone always wants to hug the rock and get pushed crooked.

You fellows may not realize just how much of golden mountain Steve can take credit for. Him and evil X designed and cut half the trails up there and most of the good ones. His mind never stops looking for a tough trail. And yes he had a lot of good help. Oh yeh, stevo is a dandy. Since I met Steve, I now have a $50,000 rock crawler, bought his $20,000. Boat, bought a $300,000.00 motor home, just purchased an $80,000.00 cruiser boat for our trips to Florida. I sure hope he don't get ant more hobbies .

Nice work. My buddy sort of broke it a bit with his Rockwell buggy at Dixie run. He was going down the bridge when it was wet and slid off the side

Now if I could figure out how to get to it in those tight as turns without having to backup 20 times. Last time I was there it was wet and several had to winch up it because they would slide sideways.