• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New "Bridge" at Golden Mountain

wizzo said:
We'll be down there next weekend. I'll try and get some pics of this "bridge" area so y'all can get a better idea of this spot. PIctures still won't do it justice for those who have never been there.

Isn't there a trail that goes up the bluff kinda to the left of the wall? Not on the level of the bridge but from the bottom up

Re: Re: New "Bridge" at Golden Mountain

jeeptj99 said:
Isn't there a trail that goes up the bluff kinda to the left of the wall? Not on the level of the bridge but from the bottom up
Yep, it goes from the bottom of the jungle up the left side of the bowl. The jungle is like a X where the trails intersect, and running it multiple directions is equally fun.

TBItoy said:
Yep, it goes from the bottom of the jungle up the left side of the bowl. The jungle is like a X where the trails intersect, and running it multiple directions is equally fun.
I like going down the bridge and then straight across. You go between two huge rocks that looks like a hallway. No turning around. A lot of fun crawling with small tires.

tyleecw said:
I like going down the bridge and then straight across. You go between two huge rocks that looks like a hallway. No turning around. A lot of fun crawling with small tires.
that sound sketchy as ****. but then again anything with the bridge sketches me out.

Re:

I haven't been to GMP in probably 6 years... Sounds like it's time for an overdue trip!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re:

TN9703 said:
I haven't been to GMP in probably 6 years... Sounds like it's time for an overdue trip!

Definitely,

There is probably 2x the amount of trails and obstacles than 6 years ago.

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
Definitely,

There is probably 2x the amount of trails and obstacles than 6 years ago.
Good to know! I loved the park, actually rented it out for the weekend for my wedding reception and enjoyed with friends and family. ::)

Re: Re:

TN9703 said:
Good to know! I loved the park, actually rented it out for the weekend for my wedding reception and enjoyed with friends and family. ::)

Hell we got married there. Didn't rent the whole park, just the big pavilion and wedding pavilion. I was there from Thursday till Sunday morning, bachelor party, decoration party, wedding, reception.

Re: Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
Hell we got married there. Didn't rent the whole park, just the big pavilion and wedding pavilion. I was there from Thursday till Sunday morning, bachelor party, decoration party, wedding, reception.
Yeah, I got married in town and did the Baptist reception for his family and then had all day Saturday and Sunday at the park with friends and my family. LOL brought a tow behind smoker and set up at the pavilion, rented all the bunkhouses/rooms, camp sites, etc, but that was back when it was cheaper to rent it all out too before they created the wedding packages and all that I've seen now.

Tried to get some pictures of the "Bridge" area. The drop off to the left of the bridge if you went off would definitely run the risk of totaling your rig and bodily harm. It's hard to capture it with a picture.

Looking off the side
20160319_142928_zpsokouuhlv.jpg

20160319_143129_zpsunwpimet.jpg

20160319_143206_zpssusdi1ln.jpg

Bridge Height
20160319_143109_zpsxj80sjgl.jpg

The rock formation itself isn't great for any kind of natural climb.