• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new park soon

I heard 450.00 a year but that's worth it for me once I can't ride Aetna anymore. Hell Grayrock is about 70 bucks for one weekend (IIRC)so I don't think 400 or 450 bucks is that bad for a whole year but until I can't ride Aetna anymore I probably will hold off on the yearly deal

I know that i ride alot more than some so lets break it down. 8 mo. of the year i will ride every other weekend plus a couple extra weeks lets say 20 times. the other 4 mo. only once a mo. lets round that up to 6. so i ride 26 times a year of witch 12 of those will be on private land ( no fee ) that leaves 14 times that i will go to a pay to ride park at an average of 15 to 20 dollars so lets say 18 dollars x 14 rides = 252.00 a year spread out over all the pay parks in tn and al. so why would i want to give more than 100. a year to any one park. it dosent mater how much you spend on your rig or that you just want to bitch about prices this is just simple common math not obama math. :****:

Your math doesn't include weekend ride rates, nor does it include special event rates. Fall For All, RBD, Shamrock run, and any other big event where there is a competition, bounty hill climb, charity cause etc. the per person rate even for passengers is way higher per day, then you have weekend rates which are usually in the upwards of $50 or more.

It depends on where you ride, what type of rides you're interested in whether it be big events or small time rides that aren't as congested with wheelers, how often you ride, and how often you ride certain parks like you mentioned. Either way, it still boils down to the fact that if you aren't interested in riding the park much, the yearly rate ain't gonna make the first **** to you in the first place now is it? I say we quit jumping the gun and wait til we hear some solid prices, then give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. :dblthumb:

actually an upfront discussion is exactly what this thread needs so the land owners know what other parks charge and what there customers expect to pay instead of throwing a crazy price out there and then wondering why no one comes to there park..J.D. your prices are way out of line and i don't understand when you say (weekend rates) since most parks are only open on weekends. Gray rock is out of the picture now and they were always priced double of everyone else ::) :dunno:. All the parks that surround this one. Golden mountain, Hale, Holly tree, Wooly's, Summertown all charge 15.00 to 20.00 dollars a day. so i personally think that this is your price point. I do live close enough to this park to consider a yearly rate. But its not the only place i would ride so 5 day trips and one 2 day event with camping is still around 160. max. so to make it encouraging for someone to pay upfront for something they may not use puts us back to around 100. Just my two cents on an open discussion. :dblthumb:

Weekend rates = when you pay a full weekend's worth of riding/camping. Some ppl just day ride one day, like a Saturday for example then go home. That's what I do unless it's just way too far away for a day trip. $50+ is definitely not out of line for a weekend pass at a big event....

I agree. and just to be fair lets say a park steps up to compete with golden mt. or summertowm with r.v. hookups rest rooms and showers and have multiple events. in a years time i spend the most money at summertown. If you go to all the big rides and primitive camp. at $20. a day to ride and $10 to camp

new years ride 3 days and camp 70.00
mule day/march of dimes ride 2 days 50.00
memorial day ride 50.00
mid summer blow out 2 days 50.00
labor day ride 2 days 50.00
trucks gone wild 2 days 50.00
halloween ride 2 days 50.00
______
still below the 400. to 450. price that i also heard

Don't know where all these numbers are coming from. On his FB page someone said 500 and he said it wouldn't be anywhere close to that. That's the only mention of price. When I talked to Tom at the park on one of the free rides he said insurance would dictate the price and someone said 400 and he said no not that high.

If the yearly rate includes weekend camping and they have a bath house then I would have no problem paying $300.00 or $ 400.0 a year. If it's to ride only then IDK depends on how much you ride. To each there own and what they can afford to pay. We will find out soon what the actual charge will be.

they have posted on FB that we will know rates this week- I cant wait, i think you guys are way overshooting the numbers,,, if he wants people we will compete- hell he owns an Offroad shop- he knows how to sale **** and when junk is over priced things dont move.. :popcorn: - im ready to go see the work they have been doing ------ WHEN ITS DRY!!!

drich394 said:
they have posted on FB that we will know rates this week- I cant wait, i think you guys are way overshooting the numbers,,, if he wants people we will compete- hell he owns an Offroad shop- he knows how to sale **** and when junk is over priced things dont move.. :popcorn: - im ready to go see the work they have been doing ------ WHEN ITS DRY!!!

That's my thoughts, I figure if a guy is determined enough to open an offroad park then he's already well aware of his competitors so to speak (other offroad parks) and knows all the going rates and understands the perspectives his rates will have to be in to attract wheelers. Which is why I say wait til the guy comes out and says the rates are ____________, then provide feedback. If it's too high and enough ppl state that they most likely won't be wheeling there due to overexpensive gate fees, then I'm sure it might be taken into consideration by the park owner. I don't know the guy, don't know **** about the park other than what's in this thread, I just think everybody's prematurely ejaculating over a bunch of hear say bullshit that's very likely to be proven directly wrong. :dblthumb:

Yearly rates are open 365. If you dont pay yearly then it is open 2 weekends a month. But yes Tom said insurance is the deciding factor. I think one quote was over $16,000 a year.

Will the two weekends a month be set weekends, the same for every month? For example 1st & 3rd weekend of every month, or 2nd and 4th?

There is too much free riding in chattanooga...I don't know about this park idea espcially with the prices y'all r throwing around. I hope those are over shot numbers

i liked aetna close to home 45min. on the lease. but i wanna know about the other place the cove its not worth bring a buggy in there a jeep cherokee yes not a buggy

sascommander184 said:
There is too much free riding in chattanooga...I don't know about this park idea espcially with the prices y'all r throwing around. I hope those are over shot numbers

I'd venture to say that If the "free" riding is keeping you happy:

See how long they are still open.

I'd love to see the "free" places that have the obstacles the private parks are providing us with.

pachary said:
I'd venture to say that If the "free" riding is keeping you happy:

See how long they are still open.

I'd love to see the "free" places that have the obstacles the private parks are providing us with.

Aetna actually has some pretty badass **** if you've never been. Just usually really muddy up there on the trails in between everything. Which I try to avoid mud now so that's just another reason I ain't real giddy about going back to Aetna.

Aetna has some ungodly crazy hillclimbs. I was on the lease for a year.

A couple of nice crickbeds that I really liked.

The parks are like going to an amusement park.

Aetna is also in limbo.