68.2 KB · Views: 534
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 531
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
nice project. if your going to use that cage your going to need to add a lot of tubing to make it strong enough to withstand a roll.

Damn jeff--why the hell did you go and do that :fawkdancesmiley:
wanted one ever since i saw one over on the nachez river just below lily pond the weekend stu rolled twice in twenty feet

and somehow i think the cage is the least of my worries
View attachment 42670

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
and somehow i think the cage is the least of my worries
I'd agree. I'm curious how bad the frame is. 6s were a stretched 5, as you can easily see by the bodywork. The 'stretch' section is easily visible. But the real weakness was the frames. They weren't boxed construction (except up front), and were extremely weak, prone to cracking, and suseptible to rust corrosion. If I were in your shoes, I'd be doing a frame off, sandblast, and rebuild of the undercarriage before I worried about how bad the tub is.

I'd agree. I'm curious how bad the frame is. 6s were a stretched 5, as you can easily see by the bodywork. The 'stretch' section is easily visible. But the real weakness was the frames. They weren't boxed construction (except up front), and were extremely weak, prone to cracking, and suseptible to rust corrosion. If I were in your shoes, I'd be doing a frame off, sandblast, and rebuild of the undercarriage before I worried about how bad the tub is.
it's all in the "plan"

The 6's are awesome.:beer: Iv always wanted one, Building a cj6 would probabley be my dream build. The extra leg room compared to a 5 should be nice. I can't wait to see the build on this one.:awesomework: the cj6's look bad ass with half cabs on them, and the space behind the cab would actually be somewhat useable.

The 6's are awesome.:beer: Iv always wanted one, Building a cj6 would probabley be my dream build. The extra leg room compared to a 5 should be nice. I can't wait to see the build on this one.:awesomework: the cj6's look bad ass with half cabs on them, and the space behind the cab would actually be somewhat useable.

i'm tempted to run a cj5 full soft top & have the extra 20 inches as tool storage ? but we'll see how it all plays out?

i'm tempted to run a cj5 full soft top & have the extra 20 inches as tool storage ? but we'll see how it all plays out?

No matter what you do it should pretty unigue, and I dont think youl see to many like it on the trail? What are the plans on this build? Fullsize?

No matter what you do it should pretty unigue, and I dont think youl see to many like it on the trail? What are the plans on this build? Fullsize?
wagoneer springs & axles, chev 350, sm465, dana 300,
summer & fall i will square up the body & frame then next winter i'll strip the wrangler down and assemble the drivetrain under the 6

I'm doing ok. Haven't seen you in ages! Looks like you're doing alright for yourself... How's the rest of the family? Keep in touch......

Mitch

He's goona get hitched here soon--who would have thought huh :haha:

lol..... I think the last time I saw him was on the shoestring about 10 years ago..... Although the name has come up as he was dating a friend of a friend....

We weren't even driving age when were in the same jeep club..

lol..... I think the last time I saw him was on the shoestring about 10 years ago..... Although the name has come up as he was dating a friend of a friend....

We weren't even driving age when were in the same jeep club..

hell i'm marrying the friend of a frind in august