• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new to me cummins

toyzuk

well i picked up a new dodge today after the swap meet.

97 4x4 excab 5spd dually.

its got 235k on it but runs great. it needs some little things but i picked it up for five k so i dont really care. after i sell my 92 ill only be into it about a grand or two.

the crazy thing is it rides like a caddy, none of my buddys dodges ride as good as this thing does.

well i picked up a new dodge today after the swap meet.

97 4x4 excab 5spd dually.

its got 235k on it but runs great. it needs some little things but i picked it up for five k so i dont really care. after i sell my 92 ill only be into it about a grand or two.

the crazy thing is it rides like a caddy, none of my buddys dodges ride as good as this thing does.

so you have a 1st gen dodge for sale ???:corn:

:pics:

Yeah, I think that says it all!

i figured that was coming :D

i post some up tomarrow after work. my 92 im probably just gonna give to my dad because it has 225k and it runs freakin awesome and i dont want to get rid of it for what id get out of it. my dads just going to give me his chevy.

now im gonna have to look into what i gotta do to pump this motor up some but first i gotta do the gauges, lift pump, and fix the little things. oh and the kdp pin before i even drive it anywhere. the good thing is that 5th already went out so its already fixed. im not familiar with the p7100 and what i gotta do to tweek it.

lucky jeff youve probably seen at least one of my roomates around town. ones a nice silver dodge....ill just post a pic of theres, its just easier :D

WOW i forgot how slow these things were stock. my 92 was way faster

well i just grabbed the digi cam and it quit workin again so ill go pic another one up tomarrow. hopfully ill have some pics up tomarrow.

picks.

i def need to do something about the drivers seat, probably new carpet too.

it is alittle ugly but wont stay that way for long.

Last edited:
more pics, these are my roomates rigs.

silver is a 6spd, black an auto.

Last edited:
the silver one cleans up real nice, it just needs a bath.

i think im good on the kdp pin fix rchrd989. i can get things alittle cheaper through my work. that and i dont feel like driving to edmonds. i drive for a living and cant stand doing it if im not gettin paid.

the silver one cleans up real nice, it just needs a bath.

i think im good on the kdp pin fix rchrd989. i can get things alittle cheaper through my work. that and i dont feel like driving to edmonds. i drive for a living and cant stand doing it if im not gettin paid.

Okay let me know if you change your mind

You can make your own kdp kit for free, just get slightly longer bolt and a tab to hold it in place with **** load of red thread locked, and you are set! Just buy new gaskets, but those shouldn't be much.....

You can make your own kdp kit for free, just get slightly longer bolt and a tab to hold it in place with **** load of red thread locked, and you are set! Just buy new gaskets, but those shouldn't be much.....

a lot of people don't even buy the gasket.. But you do need to buy a front main seal.

ya, im definatly going to do the front main seal.
im gonna order this kit...

http://www.tstproducts.com/tstpowerkitwithoutvideowithkdpkit.aspx

and this ...

http://www.tstproducts.com/governorspringkit.aspx,

and this...

http://www.tstproducts.com/tstafcspringkit.aspx,

and some other stuff.

LUCKY :flipoff:
i wish mine was a 6spd, i could be doing the same! just going to have to wait until i get enough money to build my pos automatic!
Until then ill be driving like a grandpa :looser:

mines a 5spd witch ill upgrade sooner or later, but ya, i know what ya mean about the autos. my 92 was an auto and i was worried about blowing it up. i figured id wait and just find a manual rather than spend a crapload of money on an auto, i know ill have to by a sb clutch later on, but this isn't my daily driver so ill cross that bridge when i get to it.

the funny thing is i really dont care how it does in the 1/4 mile or anything like that, i just want to be faster than my roomates. its basically a race between the 3 of us. i have some catching up to do but i hope ill catch em this summer. the black truck has a super b and is about to get injectors, and the silver is about to get an aurora 3000. but the black truck is an auto(which is about to be built to the hilt) so he'll probably always be faster off the line, but we all tow so thats what matters :redneck:. I dont care how much it costs, this is going to be my money pit for the next year :redneck:

lucky jeff i have to take you up on those pointers :cheer:.