• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new to me cummins

lucky jeff i have to take you up on those pointers :cheer:.

Stop on by some time.. I can fill your head with all sorts of ideas :redneck:. I should have my head, pump and new cam back this weekend as well.. Give you an idea on what all you're working with.. :awesomework:

awesome, im readin all about fuel plates and there is so much crap out there i dont know which to buy :mad:. i want to order the tst power kit or whatever brand is best but i dont know where to start.

my truck is too darn slow, i need to do sumthin NOW! :redneck:

i want the 4k kit with the 60lb springs but do you have to have a shop put these in or what? i have no problem ripping into my truck blind but id hate to screw sumthin up. its different on wheelin rigs where if i do sumthin wrong ill try again and its not that big of a deal but with these motors it would be an expensive mistake.

i have zero experience with these pumps so should i take it to a shop and have them install everything or what. i would hate to pay someone a bunch of money to work on my truck because thats just more money i could throw at it and do the work myself. i tore into my 92's pump and it was pretty simple so i dont know what to do.

sorry for all the q's, search works but theres just too much info out there thats different.

awesome, im readin all about fuel plates and there is so much crap out there i dont know which to buy :mad:. i want to order the tst power kit or whatever brand is best but i dont know where to start.

my truck is too darn slow, i need to do sumthin NOW! :redneck:

i want the 4k kit with the 60lb springs but do you have to have a shop put these in or what? i have no problem ripping into my truck blind but id hate to screw sumthin up. its different on wheelin rigs where if i do sumthin wrong ill try again and its not that big of a deal but with these motors it would be an expensive mistake.

i have zero experience with these pumps so should i take it to a shop and have them install everything or what. i would hate to pay someone a bunch of money to work on my truck because thats just more money i could throw at it and do the work myself. i tore into my 92's pump and it was pretty simple so i dont know what to do.

sorry for all the q's, search works but theres just too much info out there thats different.

yeah when i first got mine, i read alot about it! found a guy online that did a TRIPPLE turbo set up on his 12 valve! wow.

from what ive read about fuel plates, i guess you can just grind your own if you are comftrable with that, and there are aloooot of differant injectors out there that give you a retarded amounts oh hp, and torque, there is just soooo much you can do to these engines, but then again, once you upgrade 1 thing, you have to upgrade the rest! it never stops!:mad::mad::mad:

well i just ordered gauges, a carpet kit, afc spring kit, 4k gsk and 60lb valves, and a kdp pin kit for me and my dad.

my work uses the 2790 bhaf for our work trucks so ill snag one on monday and hopefully have enough money so ican have 4in straight pipe put on this week.

well i just put on the bhaf and being completly stock the truck sure seemed to run better. not bad for 51 dollars.

but while taking the intake tube off i found i have alittle tiny play in the compressor wheel. so time to save for a new turbo :cool:. i also painted my rims black to hold me over till i get a lift and tires on it.

Last edited:
A small amount of side to side is normal.. In and out is what you need to be worried about.

Still waiting on my parts. Bill was hopefully going to be able to pick up the head today. And I'll go up there tomorrow or Thursday to pick it up.. I'll let you know when I have them all though.

Finally saw your roommates truck today as well, headed down 410. Kinda hard to miss that bumper.

sweet, its only has side to side. i was worried about doin mods if it was going out.

yeah people either love it or hate it. its not your tipical design. its definitly stout though, but still needs alittle bracing.

i believe you know one of my other buddies justin, he used to live by you, drove a black 00 cummins on 35's. he said he went to the drags with you once. he's statring to get the itch to pump his truck up now.his truck is pretty much stock and i keep trying to talk him into a tranny and a smarty :redneck:.

bling bling. new turbo on my roomates truck. way smoother. now he needs injectors and a smarty.

Last edited: