• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Next Hardline Ride???

wizzo said:
Done HPO already. What about Hale Mtn? I've been wanting to get back to that park.

There are a few issues with having it there:
1. The big RV guys can't really get in and out of there and there are only a few hookups
2. The closest hotels are 25-30 min away
3. parking may be an issue unless JR opens his place up, it gets tricky trying to get 50 trucks/rigs in and out of there

Other than that, yeah I would absolutely love having one there

Rjhoward32006 said:
aop or hale, there is plenty of space for parking and camping with rv's you just cant be a ***** and gotta drive that bitch on in there.

I like hale mountain but their parking situation sucks. Last time I was there the main roads needed some attention they were in bad shape. Don't get me wrong I love to ride there but it would be difficult for some of the larger tow rigs.

hokie_yj said:
When we were there in early June they had I believe 5 hookups.

Tom has added a few more RV sites in other areas of the main parking/camping area, I think there are about 10 now.

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
Tom has added a few more RV sites in other areas of the main parking/camping area, I think there are about 10 now.

That sounds about right. It will not be at Hale as I can't get my RV onto the property. The parking is an issue there, not all their fault as the road has washed on one side coming in also. Okay for a pickup with a single trailer, but not much more than that. For that reason, there will not be a Hardline Forum ride at Hale.

JohnG said:
That sounds about right. It will not be at Hale as I can't get my RV onto the property. The parking is an issue there, not all their fault as the road has washed on one side coming in also. Okay for a pickup with a single trailer, but not much more than that. For that reason, there will not be a Hardline Forum ride at Hale.

Hell, the last time I was there was with you on that day ride, we both were in pickups pulling trailers and parking was still a gigantic cluster ****. I got pretty flustered trying to park I ain't gonna lie. Just glad you didn't smash that Cheby grill on my no-trailer-light-having-ass on the way there molaugh :****:

Re: Re: Next Hardline Ride???

JohnG said:
Hmmmm. Donnie got his 42 foot gooseneck into Hale easily. Eric Hagan came to my ride this year and said he wouldn't have a problem bringing his RV next year.

John

trucker said:
Hmmmm. Donnie got his 42 foot gooseneck into Hale easily. Eric Hagan came to my ride this year and said he wouldn't have a problem bringing his RV next year.

John

big difference in a 42' gooseneck and a motorhome towing a enclosed trailer

trucker said:

John

Depends on how many ppl is already there. It don't take long to fawk their parking lot all up. I've been there 4 or 5 times, parking in the main parking lot 3 of those times and it's sucked balls every time with only a 18' bumper pull.

I live on a secondary paved road and can turn in me driveway and turn around where I turn my pickup around and my motor home is 43 feet long. but it also as 6 ft of front overhang, 10 ft of rear overhang is only a foot off the ground, 12 and a half feet tall and weights 42,000 lbs. And that's without a trailer. Mine will not go to hale either.