• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Not really tech, but kinda

Toyoda1

I just bought a almost perfect condition bench seat for my truck, now this thing smells like wet dog. Ive cleaned up all the dog hair and did a rattle can shampoo on it. I even left all the windows down for almost a week on all the dry days. Still smells, the smell is less but still there. Any suggestions?

Take it back out of your truck. toss it in a little kiddy pool full of soap and water. Scrub the bastard good. Then rinse it good to make sure you get all the soap out. Then, just leave it out somewhere to dry.

Febreeze douche the crap out of it. If that doesn't work do what the other guy said.

Try a solution of 1/2 water, 1/2 white vinegar. Sponge it onto the entire seat and let it soak into the foam really good one morning and let it sit in the sun (with the windows cracked) all day. It'll still smell like vinegar for a day or two until it fully dries, but it should take care of the dog smell.

Nothing else I've ever tried lasts. Febreeze just makes it smell like flowers for a couple hours. :puke:

64FJ40 said:
Try a solution of 1/2 water, 1/2 white vinegar. Sponge it onto the entire seat and let it soak into the foam really good one morning and let it sit in the sun (with the windows cracked) all day. It'll still smell like vinegar for a day or two until it fully dries, but it should take care of the dog smell.

Nothing else I've ever tried lasts. Febreeze just makes it smell like flowers for a couple hours. :puke:
Thanks, ill try that tonight