• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Note 91" Bouncer build

Re: Re: "Note 91" Bouncer build

nhl_bullitt said:
Thanks man!

Honestly, not that I need it, because I don't race much, but I have motor plans. :driving:
Everyone should have motor plans. Lol
8bfc3d9950ed913e5668b24d16160019.jpg

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Did you end up running the 700/241 or did you find something else?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Correct, went with the original plan.

700r is a K case that is rebuilt and has a few upgraded parts.

241 has the JB conversions super short sye 1350 flange, and side mount. I decided I will fix it the first time it breaks, but if it goes a 2nd time that may be all she wrote for it.

The problem is I don't have 3/4" to give up, down, or back. So if I go with a different transfer case, I will probably have to go with a th350 which brings the case further forward giving me more room.

Re:

In 5 years the only time I've blown my 241 up is because I ran a slip joint that had a stop in it one ride and it blew the case in half. That made me buy a 205 and think of new trans/xcase ideas but I think I might wait till I blow this one up too.

Re:

TBItoy said:
The way an atlas/np205 is designed, it is a lot shorter than a 241

Cool. I didn't know if it would be physically bigger, but even oriented too much 1 way. The shorter it is though, the more room I have to give.

onepieceatatime said:
In 5 years the only time I've blown my 241 up is because I ran a slip joint that had a stop in it one ride and it blew the case in half. That made me buy a 205 and think of new trans/xcase ideas but I think I might wait till I blow this one up too.

Good to know dude.

Awesome thread here.. Gives me motivation to keep workin on mine.. I have basically the same combo, 5.3/700/241/tons.. Do you ever shift your t case? I don't see a shifter in your pics, thinkin about just leaving mine in 4lo unless someone talks me out of it.. Also wondering what you guys think of a hack/n/tap on the 241 vs $sye kit? Don't mean to jack your thread, just lookin for real world input from somebody beatin on the same stuff as me...

Re:

nhl_bullitt said:
Cool. I didn't know if it would be physically bigger, but even oriented too much 1 way. The shorter it is though, the more room I have to give.

Good to know dude.

I just saw that you said you had the super short sye. So you'd end up about the same OA or a little shorter if you went with the short atlas tail. but your front driveshaft would be shorter

atlas231comparo.jpg

DAkk said:
Awesome thread here.. Gives me motivation to keep workin on mine.. I have basically the same combo, 5.3/700/241/tons.. Do you ever shift your t case? I don't see a shifter in your pics, thinkin about just leaving mine in 4lo unless someone talks me out of it.. Also wondering what you guys think of a hack/n/tap on the 241 vs $sye kit? Don't mean to jack your thread, just lookin for real world input from somebody beatin on the same stuff as me...

Yes, I can shift the transfer case. I made a short lever. Just enough there for me to wrap my hand around it (that's what she said).

I didn't look into that option for the 241. I wanted the tcase to be short so I could have a longer driveshaft, so I knew I was always going to get the short SYE. I know it sucks spending that coin on it, but it's what I did. Been great so far. No hijacking worried dude. If you have something similar you're building, I'm down to discuss. I've bugged plenty of people. It's what we do.

Re:

My 241 stays in low 95% of the time. I think that's what's made my 700 last so long.