• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nuzzy's The Apocalypse is Upon Us CJ Build...

I've been a busy boy on the phone today ordering parts :clappy:

First off, late last week I picked up a replacement stock CJ brake booster (since mine was shot) $103 and a '69 Vette power brakes version master cylinder $30.

Then got on the phone this morning with http://www.drivelinetech.com/ and ordered up some 2 3/4 X 1/4 wall DOM drivelines front and rear with upgrades to 1350 yokes where possible.

Then called Tera @ 801-713-3314 and ordered up a HD 32sp Output for my D300. Thanks Bryson :cool:

HD300.jpg

Finally called up http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/ and got a 35 spline D60 Lockrite for $341 shipped to my door.
http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=21&products_id=131

lockrightprod.gif

On friday, I'll order my Propane stuff and then all that's left to get it on the trail will be the metal plate for the flat belly which I will order once I get the dimensions :clappy::clappy::clappy:

dr drae said:
Where'd you get your MC? 1 1/8" bore? part #?

Can't wait to see this rig in person. :cool:

Schmucks. Yes on the 1 1/8' bore (the manual brake version has the 1" bore). 131423 is the part # based on the schucks website.

And the ongoing collection of parts continues...

I'd been waiting to hear back from the Propane Guy about a kit for my 258. He's been real busy but finally got back with a quote of $550. +$100 for new regulator and +$30 for a new vff30 lockoff. The kit doesn't come with a hose to connect to the tanks which would be another $60 or so according to his site. I'm not exactly sure what other misc parts would be needed for the kit to be 100% complete, but the guy just kept wanting to get off the phone... I've heard really good things about the guy, and I believe every one of them. I also know he's crazy busy since he was just gone for a month. But since I don't want to have to even think about if everything is included or not, I decided to go with Got Propane.

I've talked with Got Propane before and he's always been extremely nice and helpful. I like that his kit is garanteed to be complete except for the tank, and that I have to do nothing for misc parts and fittings. His 258 kit is $875, but that includes one mounting bracket set for a tank... Since I found brackets elsewhere for cheaper with free shipping, he cut $75 off the price thus charging $800. This is only marginally more than the other quotes plus all the add ons and needed extras, so I felt good about giving the business to the guy who seemed to value my business :cool:

Now I know that there are plenty of people out there who are cringing because they could have pieced everything together for far cheaper! I fully understand, but in the essence of time, I decided the extra money was worth it to know my jeep will be running that much sooner :clappy:

That all being said, I went onto eBay and found some Swift Forklift store that was selling brand new brackets for 8-10 gallon forklift tanks for $52 a pop with free shipping. I clicked buy it now and then called the guy to give my card over the phone so he didn't have to take PayPal fees up the ass :D I like helping people like that whenever I can :cool:

In any case, the kit will ship tomorrow and the brackets went out tonight, so I should be getting them within the week. I can then add them to the locker, HD output, and Booster/MC sitting on my 2nd bedroom floor. My guess is I'll have my driveshafts this week too :clappy:

All that's left now is steel for belly and the propane tanks...

tick... tick... tick... tick... tick...

i had to repost these pics so i didnt forget what a bad ass rig it was. that and i was getting tired of having to go back so many pages. to add even more to it is the fact that it will be at least a couple of weeks before we get some real update pics:flipoff:

sick_boy said:
i had to repost these pics so i didnt forget what a bad ass rig it was. that and i was getting tired of having to go back so many pages. to add even more to it is the fact that it will be at least a couple of weeks before we get some real update pics:flipoff:

I know. I can hardly look at those pics cause I'm so excited! Sam was just waiting on me for so long to be able to afford parts. Now I finally have them all, but he's building his own well deserved rig. I suck at the timing :mad: :redneck:

At least everything will be ready to finish up :clappy: