• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nuzzy's The Apocalypse is Upon Us CJ Build...

Jeepless said:
mount them tires already for gawds sake...what are you waiting for........:D

Put the wheels on the axles and make sure they clear everything first...If you mount tires on new rims you own em...

Hopefully you do this before welding the beadlocks on.:haha: :haha: :haha:

Bunk said:
Put the wheels on the axles and make sure they clear everything first...If you mount tires on new rims you own em...

Hopefully you do this before welding the beadlocks on.:haha: :haha: :haha:

Good call. Double checking is always a good thing :D

Welding on the beadlocks will probably be the last thing we do...

Just came in today :cool:

Orbital valve/bracket/shaft/coupler, spring plates, disc brake brackets, spring perches, threaded inserts, and track bar mounts (that we'll prob end up scrapping for thicker ones but we'll see...)

img0776mediumdr9.jpg

But apparently my heims didn't make it in the box :mad: so I gotta call Rocklogic tomorrow morning :mad::mad::mad:

snwbrdpunk16 said:
I think i just got partial chub... im jealous :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

Yea me too:clappy: I better pay for that axle before his credit card bill comes due

pokey said:
Yea me too:clappy: I better pay for that axle before his credit card bill comes due

:D

I'll grab it from Marysville next time I get up there. Then I'll wrap a bow on it for ya :cheer:

pokey said:

you can go ahead and write that check to me!!

... sorry love :kiss: :flipoff:

screw that! i only have 4 years left until common law! :flipoff:

I know, off topic.... sorry. back to the build...........

My friend Sam is doing the work at his house in Marysville. I'm just helping with whatever he tells me to do and learning as much as I can :redneck:

Couldn't have had a better guy to help you eric. Sam is one hell of a stand up guy. But be warned --if the 3-4 letter words start coming out--Run :D (it doesn't happen often at all :; )

Should have a lot of updates here in the very near future. Poor Sam was working some ridiculous hours last week at work :mad: Hopefully we'll get some good hours in this week :cool:

Nuzzy said:
My friend Sam is doing the work at his house in Marysville. I'm just helping with whatever he tells me to do and learning as much as I can :redneck:

Nice...Better then the P-lot. Good that your invloved too. Keep us posted.

Well, last night after work, Weif and I loaded up all the stuff that had come thus far and headed up to Sam's. Figured we could a little work in before headin back home...

Pickups sure make things easy

img0920mediumav4.jpg

We only had 2 valve stems, but figured we could at least mount up the rear tires and get the rear axle under the rig

img0922mediumzi7.jpg

However, apparently 42x16 Iroks have ridiculously thick beads...

img0923mediumpm8.jpg

Failure wasn't an option so we just all piled on and made it happen :gunsmilie:

img0929mediumjf4.jpg

Setting the beads was the easy part

img0934mediumvw8.jpg

After getting the old axle out, we got the 14B jacked up under the springs

img0937mediumie0.jpg

Jeep's just resting on the axle now so we can measure for u-bolts

img0945mediumoy8.jpg

I think I may have problems with the Evan's Creek popo :redneck:

img0946mediumks2.jpg

img0948mediumew5.jpg

We still have some cutting to do

img0949mediumxa2.jpg

We'll prob cut another 2" or so higher in the rear and we'll definitely make shorter shackles. Also, all that tub box crap below the old filler hole has to go so the tires will have no chance of rubbing. We did save some bigger sections of diamond plate so we can fill the old filler hole :cool: The goal is to get the front as low as possible and then match with the rear. As it sits, I have 26" of belly clearance once the 300 is clocked flat. We'll see what the final number ends up at...

img09491mediumjg9.jpg

Just out of curiousity, we had to roll my 42s up next to Sam's 39.5s. His are obviously weighted and worn, but mine that are mounted and supporting the weight of the vehicle aren't a whole lot shorter than the unmounted one shown...

img0950mediumiq8.jpg

Damn those things are frickin baloons Nuzz..... :redneck:

You had what 5 monkeys f'n a football back there...:haha: :haha: :haha:

What W/B you gonna be?

Soooo.... you're gonna have it done for the cleanup this weekend... right? :flipoff:

Looks good, I can't wait to see it out and wheeling. :cool: