• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nuzzy's The Apocalypse is Upon Us CJ Build...

Looks good, reminds me of my build but faster as you have like 5 people there helping :D That and less flat black and bling definetly like it, what are you at wheelbase wise? I think mine ended up at 99"ish?

Looks good Nuzz! Maybe you all could pitch in and buy the dude with the brown carharts some suspenders. :haha: :haha:

Wheelbase will end up being at about 110" :redneck:

I'm getting excited now that we have enough parts to get some good work done :super: I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel :cheer:

Yours fits in a tunnel....HEY CRASH i want mine to fit in a tunnel:flipoff:

Sweet dude, ONE DAY some Wheelin will happen.

its turning out awesome man!! Are you running front waggys all the way around? Any plans for the rockers yet? Maybe some killer boatsides like on sams...?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Comet said:
Looking like some real progress there Nuzz. Won't be too long. You got a trailer, or you flat towing it?

I'll be getting a trailer this winter. Eventually, I'd love to get a 25-30' gooseneck (since I already have the setup in my truck) and put a camper on it redneck style, but won't have anywhere to store something that big for a while :mad: So for now, a standard trailer will have to do...

XJonathan said:
its turning out awesome man!! Are you running front waggys all the way around? Any plans for the rockers yet? Maybe some killer boatsides like on sams...?

Yeah, 7 leaf front waggies on all four corners. For now, I'll keep my current rockers which are pretty stout 2x4 box steel. Down the road, I'd love to boatside, but that'll have to wait til a later date.

Time to update thanks to Sam :clappy:

Lincolnlock said:
I got the brackets built for the CJ and just had to get them on. Then I really wanted to see what it looked like on the tires. So.... Enjoy the pics! :D

dscn4061rd6.jpg

dscn4062ea4.jpg

dscn4063uk1.jpg

dscn4066eu9.jpg

dscn4065oh6.jpg

Lincolnlock said:
I only outboarded the front springs due to it being full width. All of the mounts are up as far as I can get them to go. The belly has 23 1/2inchs to the ground. 108" wheelbase. It sits as lower than mine by 1/2 inch but is running 42's. It should perform pretty well by the time we are done. Thanks for the props. I wish I had more than just an hour here and an hour there to work on it though.

Lincolnlock said:
Oh yeah.... it sits 3 1/2 inchs lower now on 42's than it did on 37s.... :D I would have to say it should be fairly stable.

Here's the current plan for the hood cut and tube work unless we change our minds...

hoodcutpw1.jpg

I just took these pics to the bathroom with me......

God that thing looks so BADASS!!!! Makes me wanna extend my wheelbase and slam it. :clappy: I like that way it turning out, looks real good man!

Jaydog said:
Looks good Nuzz! Maybe you all could pitch in and buy the dude with the brown carharts some suspenders. :haha: :haha:

I dont need suspenders thats how i air out my shorts after eating pizza at sam and jens duh

outhouse said:
I dont need suspenders thats how i air out my shorts after eating pizza at sam and jens duh

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Just don't take Jen's pop in the fridge... :D

Did I mention the stock front driveline bolted right back in? Oh yeah.... we redid the rear spring mounts on the frame end. We got the wheelbase down to 108". And the orbital is mounted. Now we just need some DOM for the steering and traction arms, U-bolts for the leaf springs, hydraulic steering hoses, rear driveline, piece-O-plate for the skid plate, and a front locker. And can I get that to go? :D

Headed up to Sam's tonight and snapped a few pics. I was hoping to be able to work some on it, but I couldn't make it up to Marysville until later in the evening. As soon as I walked in the garage, I found that Sam has been a busy boy :D

Tie rod made, inserts welded, installed, and rather beefy...

img1305mediummt3.jpg

Can you say 1 3/4" 3/8" wall DOM:gunsmilie:

img1286mediumva3.jpg

The mounting tabs for the hydro aren't exactly small either

img1292mediumis5.jpg

Orbital is in and mated to the steering wheel

img1299mediumau1.jpg

Stock rear hangers cut off and these guys in their place, soon to be boxed in. We're going for minimized hang-up spots underneath...

img1295mediumvx5.jpg

And I just LOVE the way the front hangers turned out! Hole sawed through frame, sleeved with 1/4" DOM, 1/4" plate on inside rail, hanger on outside, bolt through all. They just look sweet

img1294mediumev5.jpg

Weif sat in the jeep the whole time, mentally preparing for all the fun we're gonna have when this thing's done :D:D:D

img1306mediumnx6.jpg

Next up is getting the 4:1s so we can tear into the 300 and clock it... :clappy:

How's the steering work with the ram mounted way up high like that? Is that the latest and greatest way to make sure your ram doesn't get hit:flipoff:

Lookin good:clappy: