• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nylint

The battery I laid on its side in the same spot that it originally sits.
The electronics now lay flat in its original spot rather than upright.
Be careful if you are going to use tin to cover the belly. Make sure to put a peace of non metalic pad between the belly floor and the electronis or you'll definately short it out.

A buddy I work with took the part of belly that was cut off, shaved the sides off, used heat to flatten the curve piece, then epoxied the flat piece back on. It looks stock.

He also added head and tail lights. Most people from RCC had done this so it not a big deal. However he brought his up a notch. He has low/high beams for headlights and breaklights and regular tail lights. Its soo cool. When the rig stops moving the brake lights luminate. Then when its starts to move the breaklights dim to luminate like tail lights. Just like a 1:1. It looks soo realistic.

Last edited:
smr4runner said:
The battery I laid on its side in the same spot that it originally sits.
The electronics now lay flat in its original spot rather than upright.
Be careful if you are going to use tin to cover the belly. Make sure to put a peace of non metalic pad between the belly floor and the electronis or you'll definately short it out.

A buddy I work with took the part of belly that was cut off, shaved the sides off, used heat to flatten the curve piece, then epoxied the flat piece back on. It looks stock.

He also added head and tail lights. Most people from RCC had done this so it not a big deal. However he brought his up a notch. He has low/high beams for headlights and breaklights and regular tail lights. Its soo cool. When the rig stops moving the brake lights luminate. Then when its starts to move the breaklights dim to luminate like tail lights. Just like a 1:1. It looks soo realistic.
That sounds sweet. I just found my way over to RCC, and it looks like I have a lot of reading and cutting to do. :D

smr4runner said:
Sweet deal Brent.
I'm still waiting for my chassis replacement to arrive. Been waiting since Jan. Found that some that have been waiting this long actually got there replacements a couple of weeks ago.
I will sell ya a complete gen 1 chassis minis wheels and tires and body for $25. It has hardly been ran and you can have the radio too.