• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Obamacare

ObamaCare is yet another reason why I re-enlisted. I went through our annual enrollment crap last week and even though we aren't getting dropped, the premium went way up and the coverages and red tune for this and that got wild. I opted out and I'm thankful I can enroll in Tri Care at more than Half what my AAA insurance would have cost me. I hate that so many good hard working folks are dealing with this and will have to for who knows how long, until the dust settles

Luckily my plan at work didn't change, they said we wouldn't be effected until around 2018. I pay 150 per month for family plan decent insurance with dental and vision. Only catch is your spouse has to take her insurance if it is available to her through her job. When Whitney goes back to work in January she may be screwed..

I'm curious, what about the people who don't have jobs and don't file taxes? How are they gonna be handled?

Re: Re: Obamacare

Yup, if the lowest plan available to you is more than 8% of your annual income then you qualify for govt aid insurance. Cheapest plan I found in TN meant that if you made less than or equal to 22500 or 11.72/hr than you qualified for free insurance. So everyone at walmart, restaurants, salons, etc...

But I think they still have to pay premiums and then get it back on their taxes.Or at least that's how I understood it. Which they're prob not going to be able to afford so once again they just will not have insurance, so they didn't change a thing.

I'm not up to speed on the Medicare/Medicaid stuff, what I was referring to is the elders (70-80+ year olds) that are living on their Social Security only.

I'd heard months ago that the Teamsters were working a deal to get Unions excluded from compliance.

We should unionize. Offroaders Union. $95/year and you get exclusion. :****:

InDaShop said:
I'd heard months ago that the Teamsters were working a deal to get Unions excluded from compliance.

OMG, I would be in fistfights with my union buddies. Brainwashed and entitled, and perhaps soon above the law while dem's are in. (not all union folks, but the hardcore "brotherhood! Unions are saving America!" idiots that can't do math and figure out where problems lie in business)

InDaShop said:

I know our local, not Teamsters, is not excluded from any of the effects of the act, in fact I heard we may have to pay so much per person once they figure out where the baseline is gonna be.

AdamF said:
So does anyone know of anybody that has actually benifited from this crap?

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

That's the benefit ninjas. If you are normal working folk you have to pay full price for this crap, but if you are sorry and have 15 kids your premium gets subsidized by the gov. And other foundations that are in king Barry's sorry ass pocket.

Enrolled yesterday....

Mine went from $792 to $1985.87. :puke:

I did miss a $480 credit because I was off work when they did the healthy living "contest" thing. More or less doubled though.

Yep the unions are trying to get out of it and they were part of us getting it and him

My whole thing is this: how can something come to pass that negatively affects EVERYONE in this country? :dunno: I have not heard of one case where a person will be better off because of Obama care. I honestly believe this will be the last straw with the Dems and after about a year of people starving and the economy going further in the dumps, we may be on world news like these 3rd world countries that go in and carry out our "elected officials" in one great big government overthrow. I don't see how any good at all will come from this. I haven't heard how this will affect me yet, but I may end up having to wrench on stuff in the driveway for cash before it's all over.

just think of all the dooms day prepers now lol.... not such a dumb idea when you see where the bs is sending the country.

the whole damn country needs to stand their ground and refuse to change the way we do things. ship the :afro: back to where we got em from and herd the messicans back to where they belong. quit pampering the prisoners etc etc etc lol.

Elliott said:
Yep the unions are trying to get out of it and they were part of us getting it and him

Kind of ironic, these shitstains that run these unions wanted his ****** ass in the white house. Now they don't want to abide by his communist ways. They should only make the assholes that voted for him pay out their asses.

I KNOW 100%, I WILL NOT COMPLY TO OBAMA'S BULLSHIT. if you pay $250/month with a $5600 yearly deductible. That's $8600 out of pocket yearly. The average yearly income in North Alabama is $27,000. Why the **** would someone give 1/3 of their hard earned money yearly for ZERO return.