• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Off Road Racing Helmet.

BustedKnucklefilms

We have a Hans thread. Ive got that taken care of thanks to Neal3000. Now its time for a good helmet. I am looking for something compact and lightweight with flip down face shield like a Impact or something like it.
What does everyone use besides a Dirt Bike Helmet? The one Richie Keith uses looks nice and compact. Pre drilled for hans attachment is a plus as well. Would be for SRRS or ARC type events.

I use a Bell K1 Sport, it is sweet most comfortable helmet I have ever put on. It has the long duck bill on the front to block anything coming in on your chin and has plenty of vision out of the front. Back in my motocross days you couldn't beat a Bell helmet and that has carried over into off-road as well. Its not to compact but is light and fits well, has plenty of padding and super comfortable.

Couple of pictures, it is also predrilled for a hans device, comes with tear off posts too.

Attachments

• 2a9d9c3370bc70fe77e91055ff4f7c9e.jpg
    2a9d9c3370bc70fe77e91055ff4f7c9e.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 484
  • thINJ917QU.jpg
    thINJ917QU.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 482
I personally think the requirement is different from Rock Racing / Hill Killing or a Rock Crawler / Trail Rider. Guess one step in this process is this discussion.

I have thought that Rock Crawler / Trail Rider could get by with a lighter, more comfortable helmet. As the helmet has to be worn for most of the day, weight, comfort, coolness (how hot).

In TRAIL RIDING, the helmet must be comfortable to be worn as it does no good hanging from a roll bar.

Am I wrong? Discuss!

Love these, best practices, type threads. We all have so much to learn, if we just open up and accept the information.

With all the hot weather up here lately it's got me thinking about how hot it must get inside of the helmets. I know they're typically not on for too long but long enough to have sweat dripping in your eyes and just being generally uncomfortable. Does anyone run a fresh air setup like the ultra4 guys? I just know being comfortable can do wonders for being focused.

I wear a White Water rafting helmet when I am trail riding, aint no way I would want to wear my racing helmet on the trail. Mine is a Shred Ready Scrappy.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 110
Re:

If your hill killing, then a full face like street bikes wear. Those helmets can be light and the upper end ones are hand built with a cost.

If your trail, maybe a skate board type that has cushion for inpact.

I run Bell Sport SA10 Brus $300 each.

They come pre-drilled for my NeckGen R3. which I think is standard position for any head restraint. I have no complaints besides I should have gotten ones with a pumper attachment. Do they make a pumper conversion?

Can anyone confirm that all restraint devices have the same mounting points?

I know my buddy that sold me my hybrid went to a necksgen and they put new clips in his old holes. Other than that I got nothing
As for pumper hookups, yes, I put one on my old streetbike helmet before buying my nicer helmet. Speedway I think. A pumper attachment for one size and a block off for the other side
got it, side air and top air available
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Bell-BR1-Side-Air-Conversion,47832.html

I use an OMP Jet Star for trail riding with a bluetooth radio.

Light, comfortable and protects your ears and side of the face unlike the Dirt Bike helmets.

casque-jet-star-omp.jpg

Neil wtf!!! Hahah nice pic.. I'm down with a snow board style helmet .. And gonna order one soon. Or the axel or watever the hell it is... No way in hell u could wear the dark vador helmet up there.. Don't get me wrong, u put me in a rig with ole
Bacon or some of the other guys to go up a hill and I'm gonna be needing her dark vador helmet. And some depends.

I wear a light open face helmet trail riding,and one like Neil posted racing. I could not wear the racing helmet out trail riding,just to hot and you cant drink beer with it on.

I've yet to wheel with my Axel helmet but I can't imagine finding a better trail helmet than it. I have a couple half helmets I've bought for going places in my Rzr that requires skid kids, and they are heavy and hot. The Axel you forget you have it on, as I've worn it around the house just to see how I like it.

That said a rock climbing/skiing/rafting helmet is prolly the same way.

Neal3000 said:
This is what i and several of my friends use, they are good helmets but a little heavier than more expensive brands. I made my own air pumper and it is awesome, keeps your visor unfogged and dirt out of your mouth. You can make a cold air exchanger out of a small cooler and copper tube but i haven't tried it yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZAMP-FSA-2-Forced-Air-SA2010-Auto-Racing-Helmet-Snell-Rated-Cold-Fresh-Air-/190822756617?var=&hash=item2c6dec3109&vxp=mtr

I have this same unit...got it from the famous Wizzo. Ran it without the pumper but will add it for next season.
Still looking for a good trail helmet