• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

ibrokeit said:
Ritchie said it at his end of race interview.

It went something like this-

They were interviewing him and said what went wrong? And he responded-
We could sit around and talk about what didn't work and what went wrong, But today, I want to talk about something else. Plowboy racing and all of our sponsors made history out here. We beat shannon cambell up THE BACK DOOR.

*end of interview*

Of course in hind sight, Shannon was probably nursing a broken or dying transmission at that point, but what the hell.

85toyo said:
That's a hell of a finish for their first race. By the way Tripp was talking during qualifying, they will be looking for a more qualified builder after this race. :wtflol:

Pretty sure randy is building a rear engine ifs with around 800 horse for them to race next go around, if not some thru the year this year

Hell I'd build 2 of them. Ha. And hire a hitman to shoot Trips throat out! **** man. Who the hell has the idea to give a mic to him?? I know it was somebody from the West Coast wanting to make us look stupid! Had to be. And I'm sorry not stupid, RETARDED. Kept hoping a boulder would fall on him.

whiskeymakin said:
Pretty sure randy is building a rear engine ifs with around 800 horse for them to race next go around, if not some thru the year this year

That build was canceled because it wasn't finished in time. Might not be the case now because I can't find any of the post on FB.

85toyo said:
That's a hell of a finish for their first race. By the way Tripp was talking during qualifying, they will be looking for a more qualified builder after this race. :wtflol:

Wasn't that a winning car from 2 years ago?

Re: Re: Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

Mortalis5509 said:
Haven't heard of anyone having a good outcome with finishing a rig right before taking it out there.

Derek West finished 5th in a car they started building 35 days ago (at least thats what he said in his end of race interview).

kushKrawlin said:
Hell I'd build 2 of them. Ha. And hire a hitman to shoot Trips throat out! **** man. Who the hell has the idea to give a mic to him?? I know it was somebody from the West Coast wanting to make us look stupid! Had to be. And I'm sorry not stupid, RETARDED. Kept hoping a boulder would fall on him.

Nailed it

I thought richie was making a joke when he commented about beating shannon at backdoor :dunno:

onetoncrawler said:
It was, the car worked great. But Bomber is no longer building the ifs car.

who is gonna be building their new ride? is it still going to be an IFS? I can think of two builders I would trust with an IFS build, Jimmy's 4x4 and Campbell Ent., they are the only ones I can think of with proven winning chassis' out right now. It's unfortunate that the Bomber build didn't pan out. There's no doubt Randy builds a proven solid axle race rig. it would have been interesting to see how an IFS bomber would work.

MIKEB618 said:
Derek West finished 5th in a car they started building 35 days ago (at least thats what he said in his end of race interview).

I don't think that is a fair comparison. Dereks rig was new BUT it was the same jimmy's 4x4 chassis that he's had at least twice before. yes more motor, i'm sure some other changes but I'd think the suspension design would be very close to the others and he had a pretty good idea how the buggy would handle and it's limitations.

IMO, if richie wants to make another KOH attempt, he should race some east coast dirt riot or ultra 4 events to get more seat time and experience in endurance racing.

Everyone giving Richie hell for having fun during his interview....hell if i passed Shannon on the freeway while he was driving a prius I'd be bragging about it :driving:

I will never forget blowing by Robby Gordon in 2012. I understand his **** eatin grin!

On the other hand I will also never forget EZ and Adler almost mowing me over in the desert as they were trying to kill each other. I was nearly collateral damage.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

wizzo said:
I thought richie was making a joke when he commented about beating shannon at backdoor :dunno:

who is gonna be building their new ride? is it still going to be an IFS? I can think of two builders I would trust with an IFS build, Jimmy's 4x4 and Campbell Ent., they are the only ones I can think of with proven winning chassis' out right now. It's unfortunate that the Bomber build didn't pan out. There's no doubt Randy builds a proven solid axle race rig. it would have been interesting to see how an IFS bomber would work.

I don't think that is a fair comparison. Dereks rig was new BUT it was the same jimmy's 4x4 chassis that he's had at least twice before. yes more motor, i'm sure some other changes but I'd think the suspension design would be very close to the others and he had a pretty good idea how the buggy would handle and it's limitations.

IMO, if richie wants to make another KOH attempt, he should race some east coast dirt riot or ultra 4 events to get more seat time and experience in endurance racing.
I was talking to randy (jimmy 4x4) while they were finishing up that car during the holidays while I asking questions about my build. It's wasn't an all out build I don't think.

Jimmy's 4x4 chassis are great and he is a great guy to work with. I'm building a solid axle car using his chassis.

Tim and Cole and rwr team did great all week we were one of only a few teams to compete in both events Successfully and one of only 17 to finish. Essentially off-road has managed teams for seven off-road races from the Baja 1000 to Vegas to Reno to the hammers all absolute nightmares and thousands of miles away attrition is always high but we have some of the best records of any shop from the east coast. I don't talk much and I don't brag but my crew deserves a pat on the back other local teams didn't qualiy didn't even pull up on back door and barely made it through the abbreviated first lap after dangerous fires.

I will say one thing though anyone is allowed to race or do anything on the race course ,but Shannon Campbell was still in the race as a contender but suffering locker failures trying to clear backdoor on his third lap he was attempting to save the car and got pushed off course. I spoke to him at pit 2a he eventually smoked his tranny from beating on it to death in outer limits, but still gave it a hell of a try ...true driver there racing for a finish

EOR MFG said:
Tim and Cole and rwr team did great all week we were one of only a few teams to compete in both events Successfully and one of only 17 to finish. Essentially off-road has managed teams for seven off-road races from the Baja 1000 to Vegas to Reno to the hammers all absolute nightmares and thousands of miles away attrition is always high but we have some of the best records of any shop from the east coast. I don't talk much and I don't brag but my crew deserves a pat on the back other local teams didn't qualiy didn't even pull up on back door and barely made it through the abbreviated first lap after dangerous fires.

I will say one thing though anyone is allowed to race or do anything on the race course ,but Shannon Campbell was still in the race as a contender but suffering locker failures trying to clear backdoor on his third lap he was attempting to save the car and got pushed off course. I spoke to him at pit 2a he eventually smoked his tranny from beating on it to death in outer limits, but still gave it a hell of a try ...true driver there racing for a finish
Gotta love a call out.

After all the not very cleverly disguised backhanded mud slinging in the tech forum on this site and elsewhere I'd call it more of a much deserved, well timed response than a call out. Facts speak for themselves.

One camp went to compete and competed well. The other went to be seen and burn money, literally.

Latest posts