• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

redneckengineered said:
Lemme get this straight. EOR didn't build the car, the didn't assemble the car, they just "prepped" an already proven winning KOH car?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding because by the sound of EORs post above they built it.
It does in what way ? You know where this car came from your on the Internet more than anyone I've ever seen so don't be a smart ass.
I said as a team we did well prepping this car we disassembled and totally reassembled the only thing in the car original to when randy won is motor t case and rear axle housing it's a nice machine for sure. But if anyone thinks that the car is what wins a race they are mistaken. We have completed the Baja 1k Vegas to Reno 1k I have never put a car on the podium at KOH Adam has that year the hammers race was 80 or so miles with no trackers and roughly 1/3 the number of competitors still an accomplishment though this race is tough any way you slice it.

wizzo said:
who is gonna be building their new ride? is it still going to be an IFS? I can think of two builders I would trust with an IFS build, Jimmy's 4x4 and Campbell Ent., they are the only ones I can think of with proven winning chassis' out right now. It's unfortunate that the Bomber build didn't pan out. There's no doubt Randy builds a proven solid axle race rig. it would have been interesting to see how an IFS bomber would work.

Just to be clear, Loren's rig that Jimmy's 4x4 built was an Armada subframe and IFS. That is what Randy was starting with also, so Randy wasn't using his own ifs design. Just building a rig on a proven platform.

And to add to EOR's statement above, I agree 100%

Simple fact that the car would have never finished unless their crew prepped it properly.

Hats off to all competitors that gave it a shot, I can't wait to go back. Next time with a rig to compete in

EOR MFG said:
It does in what way ? You know where this car came from your on the Internet more than anyone I've ever seen so don't be a smart ass.
I said as a team we did well prepping this car we disassembled and totally reassembled the only thing in the car original to when randy won is motor t case and rear axle housing it's a nice machine for sure. But if anyone thinks that the car is what wins a race they are mistaken. We have completed the Baja 1k Vegas tomorrow Reno 1k I have never put a car on the podium at KOH Adam has that year the hammers race was 80 or so miles with no trackers and roughly 1/3 the number of competitors still an accomplishment though this race is tough any way you slice it.

Relax. Just asking a simple question. And from the responses of others above I wasn't the only one confused. This may be hard for you to believe but I don't follow TCs every move like the rest of the swingers. By the sounds of your posts I thought maybe y'all assembled him a bomber. Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: You also have more posts than me

onetoncrawler said:
I can't wait to go back. Next time with a rig to compete in

Looks like they were pretty competitive in the buggy yall had. If the new rig is everything it sounds like its gonna be, folks better watch out. Congrats to yalls team. Very solid showing for tim and cole's first time in a koh race.

It seems like no contest for east coast race programs. Erik Miler Motorsports is light years ahead of anything east of the Mississippi. If you want a chance at winning I wouldn't spend money anywhere else.

On another note Dave Cole needs to pull those ****ing "life accomplishment" folks off the coarse when race time comes. Those people have no business being out there. Put there **** back on the trailer and do what they do best spectate.

onetoncrawler said:
Just to be clear, Loren's rig that Jimmy's 4x4 built was an Armada subframe and IFS. That is what Randy was starting with also, so Randy wasn't using his own ifs design. Just building a rig on a proven platform.

I agree the armada ifs is in a class of its own. it would have been interesting to see where slawson would have taken it.

I just ment obviously the campbells have a proven design, bill baird tweeked the design to make it his own and now levi is in a campbell chassis and his 3rd place finish proves the design yet again.

Jimmy's 4x4 has done more than just Lorens single seat IFS. nick nelson and jason blanton's rigs along with a few others are Jimmy's designs that perform well.

Daniel I know this is not news to you.

wizzo said:
Looks like they were pretty competitive in the buggy yall had. If the new rig is everything it sounds like its gonna be, folks better watch out. Congrats to yalls team. Very solid showing for tim and cole's first time in a koh race.

I just meant to drive myself haha, nothing against the bomber car.

Timmie and Cole did a great job driving it for sure!

Rockjock said:
On another note Dave Cole needs to pull those ****ing "life accomplishment folks off the coarse" when race time comes. Those people have no business being out there. Put there **** back on the trailer and do what they do best spectate.

LIKE!!! They need to expand some of these folks to the legends class.

wizzo said:
I agree the armada ifs is in a class of its own. it would have been interesting to see where slawson would have taken it.

I just ment obviously the campbells have a proven design, bill baird tweeked the design to make it his own and now levi is in a campbell chassis and his 3rd place finish proves the design yet again.

Jimmy's 4x4 has done more than just Lorens single seat IFS. nick nelson and jason blanton's rigs along with a few others are Jimmy's designs that perform well.

Daniel I know this is not news to you.

:dblthumb:

So much knowledge every where else in this thread I was just trying to clear the mud. Lol

And for Miller Motorsports - those guys are crazy fast with a heck of a lot of resources. They were smoking all of the competition until they had a cpl of issues. There whole team was so impressive. I know they changed out almost every part of the car except the engine in a short period of time at their pit. Those guys came to win for sure

wizzo said:
LIKE!!! They need to expand some of these folks to the legends class.

Legends is where it's at for the folks that aren't 110% dedicated and insanely invested in a true effort. I think people underestimate the amount of effort it takes from every angle to be remotely competitive in the main race. It's insane to say the least.

A $250k race car won't buy you a competitive finish. A highly decorated hired gun driver won't buy you a competitive finish. A world class shop behind the efforts won't buy you a competitive finish. It takes a monumental effort on all fronts and when that is compiled it still takes a visit from Lady Luck. Without all the elements in full force a finish is highly unlikely, much less a competitive effort.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

crawlin85cj said:
Legends is where it's at for the folks that aren't 110% dedicated and insanely invested in a true effort. I think people underestimate the amount of effort it takes from every angle to be remotely competitive in the main race. It's insane to say the least.

A $250k race car won't buy you a competitive finish. A highly decorated hired gun driver won't buy you a competitive finish. A world class shop behind the efforts won't buy you a competitive finish. It takes a monumental effort on all fronts and when that is compiled it still takes a visit from Lady Luck. Without all the elements in full force a finish is highly unlikely, much less a competitive effort.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

Well said

Latest posts