• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Oil coming out the dip stick.

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
I have an inline 6cyl 4.6 stroker with GM TBI fuel injection. I have changed the PCV and hose. Confirmed is has very strong suction and is NOT clogged. So what else would be causing the oil to come out of the dip stick?

I have an inline 6cyl 4.6 stroker with GM TBI fuel injection. I have changed the PCV and hose. Confirmed is has very strong suction and is NOT clogged. So what else would be causing the oil to come out of the dip stick?

Blow by. . . was it rebuiilt recently??? i just know that if the piston rings all line up in a row you can whats called blow by which fills your crank case up with air and it usually pushes out of the alve cover breather. . . but i dont see y it couldnt come out the dipstick. . . that mite help ya

i had the same problem on my 22re when i bought my truck back from a friend of mine. turns out he overheated the **** out of it and the rings disintegrated in the #3 cylinder causing massive blow by. how does it run besides the oil coming out?

Blow by. . . was it rebuiilt recently??? i just know that if the piston rings all line up in a row you can whats called blow by which fills your crank case up with air and it usually pushes out of the alve cover breather. . . but i dont see y it couldnt come out the dipstick. . . that mite help ya

Nope not rebuilt lately. I did a head gasket a couple of years ago. But the whole motor has 30k on it. It was built by Jasper motors.

i had the same problem on my 22re when i bought my truck back from a friend of mine. turns out he overheated the **** out of it and the rings disintegrated in the #3 cylinder causing massive blow by. how does it run besides the oil coming out?

It runs fine.. Still has plenty of power too.

It's overfull. WAYYYY overfull.

But I doubt it. Do a compression test. See if one of the cylinders is way low. You could be pressurizing the oil pan.

Had the same problem with my s10 i had alot of oil pressure so i installed a crankcase evac kit and have no problems since then.

Piston blow by.If you fun the engine with the dip stick out,finger over the hole and feel a lot of pressure that's what it is,unless your seal is bad on the dip stick.

I did,,,, PCV thought for sure that was it.

It doesn;t do it at idle. Only above 2500rpms.

If ya dont want to rebuild it just trim up the dip stick tube so its not in the oil. Or just seal it off when not checking the oil.

Whats the compression test out at?

Basicaly whats happening is above 2500rpms the gas's passing by the rings cannot be controled by the pcv system. Seal the dipstick...

If ya dont want to rebuild it just trim up the dip stick tube so its not in the oil. Or just seal it off when not checking the oil.

Whats the compression test out at?

I have to wait till tuesday to bring home the compression tester from work. Then I'll see. I might just pull the dip stick out and plug the hole.

Easy to check...with the PVC/breather system intact, take the dipstick out and hook up a pressure guage to the tube....rev the engine, and if you get pressure reading on the guage, one of two things-either the PCV system isn't doing it's job, or you have excess blowby....Just because the motor's only got 30K, doesn't mean it hasn't been rode hard....and as far as the Jasper thing, if the motor's a recent (meaning in the last couple yrs or so), there may be some validity to the earlier comment...Their QC seems to have really tanked lately...

I have to wait till tuesday to bring home the compression tester from work. Then I'll see. I might just pull the dip stick out and plug the hole.
If it runs good, a compression tester will tell you pretty much squat....Use a Cylinder leakdown tester to get the story...