• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Old school video games

Eddyj

So I got me a Super Nintendo for Christmas and a convo broke out in a group text about the good games. What was your favorites?

I'd love to go back and play the original Zelda just to see if it was as hard as I rembered.
Also some of my personal favorites
Not sure what systems they are on.
Altered beast
Golden axe
Earthworm Jim
Contra
Ivan "Ironman" super Offroad
Metroid
Mega mans
Battle toads
Double dragon
Comix zone
Solar jetman
Cobra triangle
NHL 95(ish)

I'm really going to dork out here but it would be funny if someone else had played this game. It was a pretty involved game called "pirates!"
It was a pc based game, I believe. Had a map and got pretty involved. I remember playing it pretty hard for about two months and then never touched it again

We got a tv in my childhood home when I was 13, it was a free hand me down from an aunt that had rabbit ears. Never a video game. I'm sure I didn't miss much, but I wanted to play games when I'd go to a cousin's house. They would want to go outside and I'm like, "**** that, I feed calves and milk cows outside every day, lets look at this magic box"

Eddyj said:
I'm really going to dork out here but it would be funny if someone else had played this game. It was a pretty involved game called "pirates"
It was a pc based game, I believe. Had a map and got pretty involved. I remember playing it pretty hard for about two months and then never touched it again
Pc based, played leisure suit larry at like 14 at my cousin's house. Otherwise none.
SNES, I liked excitebike the few times I played, my cousin liked all the shootemup games. He kicked my ass 6 ways from sunday on every game but excitebike

Excite bike and contra (but only multiplayer with cheat codes). Hell most NES games are way too hard to be fun without cheat codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comix zone!! Dude, I've been trying to remember the name of that game for years!! Dad had it on his work computer. I used to sneak out to his office trailer and play it.

I like Breakout and Jackyl. I mostly liked car/racing games but every now and then something like Castlevania and Ducktales would pop up that I enjoyed.

I remember my parents never buying me a game until I beat or completed the old one first.

With that said....i didn't have alota games. Lol.

If I'd oooooonly had the internet back then!

I never got into video games, I was prob 15 when we got nes. My younger brother and step brother loved it, screw that I was riding quads and trying to get my drivers license, but I was pretty good at pong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta go way back.... Late 70's, Atari Combat game. The game with the tank and biplane battles. We played that for hours and hours.
Next would be Zelda on Playstation 1 back in the mid 80s