• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Old school video games

1tonrenegade said:
Skate or die was a time killer too

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!! Probably my favorite old school game of all time!!!!!!!!

And the runner ups-
Fatal Fury
Mortal Kombat II
Street Fighter 2
F-Zero
Earthworm Jim
NBA Jam
Sonic 2

Eddyj said:
I'm really going to dork out here but it would be funny if someone else had played this game. It was a pretty involved game called "pirates!"
It was a pc based game, I believe. Had a map and got pretty involved. I remember playing it pretty hard for about two months and then never touched it again

Sid Meier's Pirates? Loved the game except for the dancing part of the game.

Man, I started googling NES, SNES, Sega, PS1, PS2 games and found a whole bunch I used to play.

Mario 3
Twisted Metal
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Turtles 1
Grand Turismo (all of them)

I bet I had a million hours playing GT3!

Same on GT...

I still remember the baddest cars, not sure which games but these cars were awesome.

Mitsubishi 3000 gt with stage 4 turbo
Then the pikes peak Suzuki escudo

onepieceatatime said:
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Mike Tysons PunchOut.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Maybe because it wasn't that good. Lol

Eddyj said:
Same on GT...

I still remember the baddest cars, not sure which games but these cars were awesome.

Mitsubishi 3000 gt with stage 4 turbo
Then the pikes peak Suzuki escudo

Yeah, the Escudo on an endurance race you're pitting to change tires every 5 laps or so. My favorite was the Pennzoil Skyline. AWD, high HP, looks cool, it's the trifecta. Favorite non-full on racecar was the Audi S4 modded all the way out. Muffhucker was FAST.

That being said, I'm gonna go buy another PS2 and GT3.

Once they started getting into 3d world stuff with the N64 they started making me motion sick which is a great way to give up video games.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lt99ls1 said:
Sid Meier's Pirates? Loved the game except for the dancing part of the game.
The PC game Pirates! was a cool game. I used to play that for hours, seems like a million years ago. I do remember what the old Spaniard would say after you defeated him in a duel.
" I see you are a skilled and able swordsman, I will tell you what I know. " molaugh molaugh molaugh. Think I made the rank of Kings Adviser or some thing like that toward the end.

Re:

I still have an original SNES and several games that still works. I break it out every now and then. I devoted a lot of my childhood to Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past. That Zelda game is one of the greatest games of all time.

One of the most difficult games I ever played was Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Don't think I ever got past the 3rd or 4th level. It used to creep me out as a kid too. Lol.

Other games:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors - still get anxiety when I think about that game :****:

Mega Man X is still one of my favorite all time games too.

NBA Jam T.E.
Mortal Kombat games
Street Fighter
Super Offroad

Probably several more that I will think of later. Played several on NES, Sega Genesis, then went hard on PS1 and PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and got an Xbox One but rarely play it. About the only thing I play now is Halo Reach and Halo 3 online. Most fun I have ever had gaming. Playing slayer matches in Halo online shits on every other gaming experience I have ever had. /endnerdypost

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Damn I'm old, I remember having Pong in the 70's and an original Atari 2600 in the 80's with Pac Man, Asteroids and Donky Kong.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I still have an original SNES and several games that still works. I break it out every now and then. I devoted a lot of my childhood to Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past. That Zelda game is one of the greatest games of all time.

One of the most difficult games I ever played was Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Don't think I ever got past the 3rd or 4th level. It used to creep me out as a kid too. Lol.

Other games:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors - still get anxiety when I think about that game :****:

Mega Man X is still one of my favorite all time games too.

NBA Jam T.E.
Mortal Kombat games
Street Fighter
Super Offroad

Probably several more that I will think of later. Played several on NES, Sega Genesis, then went hard on PS1 and PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and got an Xbox One but rarely play it. About the only thing I play now is Halo Reach and Halo 3 online. Most fun I have ever had gaming. Playing slayer matches in Halo online shits on every other gaming experience I have ever had. /endnerdypost

Seems we had the same taste as kids, but I went to zombie games and Assassin's Creed games as an adult. Play CoD campaign, but vs online bores the **** out of me.

Re:

I bought Left For Dead 2 for 360, but it was boring to me. Most campaign type games are. I've really just settled on slayer matches on Halo. Turn it on, play 5-10 games, turn it off, go to something else. I was talking about this the other day with a friend amd came to the realization that I have been actively playing Halo online for 10 years. I started with Halo 2 online (best Halo game period) on original Xbox, then went to 360 when Halo 3 and Reach came out. I still get my ass handed to me every now and then by some punk kid professionals, but I'm usually a top scorer on my team otherwise. I've tried playing a few of the COD games, campaign and online, at friends' houses and really never cared for them. I guess because I'm already good at Halo, it sucks going to a game that I get murdered a lot while I learn again. Lol. But the whole feel of the COD games is different than Halo to me. Just a familiarity thing, I suppose.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I bought Left For Dead 2 for 360, but it was boring to me. Most campaign type games are. I've really just settled on slayer matches on Halo. Turn it on, play 5-10 games, turn it off, go to something else. I was talking about this the other day with a friend amd came to the realization that I have been actively playing Halo online for 10 years. I started with Halo 2 online (best Halo game period) on original Xbox, then went to 360 when Halo 3 and Reach came out. I still get my ass handed to me every now and then by some punk kid professionals, but I'm usually a top scorer on my team otherwise. I've tried playing a few of the COD games, campaign and online, at friends' houses and really never cared for them. I guess because I'm already good at Halo, it sucks going to a game that I get murdered a lot while I learn again. Lol. But the whole feel of the COD games is different than Halo to me. Just a familiarity thing, I suppose.

The thing with cod is there are 3 different manufacturers of the game. I like the trey arch ones the best. It's hard to just pick up a cod because every single one plays differently. And I can't play an xbox. I've tried and just can't get used to the controller