• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Older wheeler or new recruit.

new recruits can't afford things like 44 boggers and full width axles with Vortec power. How much damage can some kid do in a Nissan pathfinder vs all of our overly built rigs? New guys don't have super swampers, WE do. Those deep ruts that get complained about aren't from drunken highschool kids, their from my K5 on 44 swampers

I vote, midlife crisis guy in his 30s-40s who goes to ORV parks every week

Do we know each other?:redneck:

Ya i was wondering that same question to money???Have we wheeled with this guy????:rolleyes: oh and as for the question.....if the newbs are with us old guys they are not as likely to do something dumb.....but alone i think the uneducated tend to do stuff they shoudn't....:corn:

you might be right on this one, stealth, hell i know if my name hits the blodder report my chain of command for the army finds out and ill be doing extra duty and prolly giving up half a pay check for 45 days...being ridiculous isnt worth the hassle or anyone elses.

you might be right on this one, stealth, hell i know if my name hits the blodder report my chain of command for the army finds out and ill be doing extra duty and prolly giving up half a pay check for 45 days...being ridiculous isnt worth the hassle or anyone elses.

Yep you do have that limiting factor when your in the military!!!!!!:awesomework:

I knew that one a few years ago!!!!!:awesomework::awesomework:

Ya i was wondering that same question to money???Have we wheeled with this guy????:rolleyes: oh and as for the question.....if the newbs are with us old guys they are not as likely to do something dumb.....but alone i think the uneducated tend to do stuff they shoudn't....:corn:

So explain the clip the Derek posted, I see alot of old familiar faces standing around watching that rig spin it's huge ass tires. That hole wasn't created by guys running 31's. :corn:

Now I'm not saying I'm against anyone running 42" and up tires just throwing it out there for discussion purposes.

I posted that video to show the damage, not the rig. It is a MINDSET thing, not a new guy or old guy, big tire or little tire thing. It is ALL about the mindset of the driver. And that's not to say that the people doing these things are doing them maliciously, only that it doesn't take one type of driver or rig to cause damage to the trails.

That looks like trail evolution to me, not damage.:awesomework:

There is a hardened bypass around that entire hole so there is absolutely no reason for another line there. You either make the hard line or take the bypass. Simple as that. :awesomework:

I posted that video to show the damage, not the rig. It is a MINDSET thing, not a new guy or old guy, big tire or little tire thing. It is ALL about the mindset of the driver. And that's not to say that the people doing these things are doing them maliciously, only that it doesn't take one type of driver or rig to cause damage to the trails.

True. A young driver on small tires that does not know any better does not make big ass holes that others can get past. You dont have to be young to wheel like an moron. And as far as people using a by-pass that they should not just cause their rig cant make it just points out the need for gate keepers.

Exactly. :awesomework: Guess I can lock this thread now? :corn:

This is now officially locked.:fawkdancesmiley:

Yes...the point to all my "this vs. that" threads were aimed at helping others realize it's a mindset, an attitude, the driver......not just the rig or any other stereo-type.

Latest posts