• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Open roads for the winter to play in the snow?

Eric

We talked about the closure for wheeled vehicles on snow covered roads and as well as Evans they include the 70 road at the Pyramid snow park (or as it moves down with the snow) the 72 rd the 7160 rd, and the 73rd. The 74 road is still closed due to the bridge being out. These closures are effective December 1st

Open roads to us are the 7220, 7030 75, 7222, 7710, and 7720 as well as the road to Evans (hwy 165) up to the Mowich park gate.
Took this from the Evans thread and thought I would start a new thread.

So closed 70, 72, 7160, 73rd, and 74 are all closed at this point.

OPEN 7220, 7030 75, 7222, 7710, and 7720 for travel in the snow.

Are there other roads open that people know about?

I am looking for a list of roads that can be driven on in the snow.

Sumas mountain, up near the border. And it is legal to drive ORV tab'd vehicles on.:awesomework:

Sumas Mtn, Van Zant Dike and the area around walker valley to the east are the only roads open to ORV Tabbed vehicles north of snohomish county. Sadly the only place that will have snow is the logging roads east of WV. van zant is at 1500ft and sumas tops at 2500.

Rd 37 is open up near baker, but all others east of the ranger station are groomed .. aka closed to wheeled vehicles

The MVUM will tell you everything you need to know on FS land. DNR land is hit and miss.....just gotta get out there.

Wait, wut?

I didn't know that this one was open to ORV tag'd rigs...

That's a good one. Not vary much elevation but could be a blast with the right amount of snow. The east side spur trails, corection roads are the best.:awesomework:

Anyone been up around Copper Creek yet this winter?

I was up there a few weeks ago, there was a good couple feet of soft ass sugar snow in the places past where most people turn around. The more well traveled areas were pretty slick.

Scott Turner has a couple inches on it since friday night, but it had already been packed into a skating rink last night. And there's a couple trees down across the road on the elbe side. Kinda been half ass cut out enough that you could get a wheeler through if you ride the ditch but there's still a lot of crap in the road. I'm gonna take my bug on a shakedown run tomorrow and plan on bringing the saw with me.