• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

opinions please

J_SIN

opinions please - new question inside :)

option #1

buy a set of axles from ero

front and rear diff $1500.00
front new 5.29, new lockright, longfields, new bearings seals etc, sky highsteer arms, vented rotors ifs calipers, tg diff armor, clean and painted.
ifs rear 5.29, welded, new sky disc brake kit, tg diff armor clean and painted

option #2

Buy gears (260) and high steer (280) from odie, order a detroit for the rear (470 +S&H), leave the front open until I can afford an ARB, buy the 37's from ero (4 37 13.50maxxis creepy crawlers dot on 15X8 2in bs soft 8s 65-70% $650.00) and figure out a lift. most likely chevy 63's in rear and RUF.

If I go with option 1 I dont have much money for tires and lift but with option 2 I dont have the longfields or better brakes.

this is for a stock 85 that I'm wanting to have ready for a light duty snow run in early december.

Last edited:
get some 4.37's they are cheap. that front axle have draglink and tierod as well?? if not I would just build your own axles. its cheaper and youll know who did the work and how well it was put together.. if you can setup gears yourself it would not be a bad ide to get the 5.29s

yeah I decided not to go with the axles. I think I can handle doing the gears so I'll get the 5.29's pretty soon.

now a new question

will this truck handle running 39.5x13.5 iroks? I've got a centerforce dual friction clutch that should be here by monday. will the 5.29's give me low enough gears to run that big of a tire or will it just be a dog?

Last edited:
yeah I decided not to go with the axles. I think I can handle doing the gears so I'll get the 5.29's pretty soon.

now a new question

will this truck handle running 39.5x13.5 iroks? I've got a centerforce dual friction clutch that should be here by monday. will the 5.29's give me low enough gears to run that big of a tire or will it just be a dog?

edit: wouldnt let me edit the title so I'll just make a new thread with the new question.

22r or 22re. Either way its going to be pretty doggy even with 5.29's. 5.71's might be more manageable.

now a new question

without doubler, or at least case gears, it will be a dog bigtime...I agree with Spring85...spool rear, Longs, lift, and tires(37's?) as long as you can get gears too....that would be a good start, and get you goin'...

I run 39" stickys on my toy axles and they make a cool sound when they explode.:haha:

:haha: :haha: :thud:
my buddie was running 39's with longs and i guess they were not big enough because he just bought 44's, needless to say now he's a lil worried lol

alright alright, I get it haha I just found a good deal on the tires with beadlocks for 900 OBO so I had to ask.

I just called 4wheelparts and they have 36's for 975 OTD and 1100 with mount and balance. not too bad of a price I guess.

alright alright, I get it haha I just found a good deal on the tires with beadlocks for 900 OBO so I had to ask.

I just called 4wheelparts and they have 36's for 975 OTD and 1100 with mount and balance. not too bad of a price I guess.

what tires from 4wheelparts you looking at

Toy axles will handle 39s but they will break at some point. I've been running 38 SXs on my toy truck for years and beating the piss out of it and have only broke one bobby 30 spline so far.

I'm gonna pass on the 39's. they're just askin for trouble and I want this to be somewhat reliable and not unbarable slow.

Latest posts