• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORV Park.......Where?

your silence has its own story im sure ...i see we are nieghbers.

PM me, lets get together and talk about Ravensdale. I have a little political clout in the unincorporated Maple Valley area. Maybe we could make something real good happen.

Don

I think the original question was "where", well my answer would be anywhere within and Hours's drive (or so) of the greater Seattle area. East or North preferred cause going south is just kind a bitch sometimes.

This give you lots of latitude. Off Highway 2 all the way between Monroe and Leavenworth (yes I know Leavenworth is farther than an hour, but the drive it easy and its less that 2 depending on were you start).

Off I-90 all the way to Elensburg also, again, easy to get to and for national comps that could be good, as its off a MAJOR Interstate and easy to get to from multiple directions.

Ravensdale actually isn't that bad. For us notherner's headed anywhere to the Tacoma, Spanaway, Rainier area's is just a PITA. Not really all that far away, but for unexplained reasons I'll head to say Mt Vernon (say 50 miles away) before I'll head to Puyallup (40 miles away).

Ravensdale actually isn't that bad. For us notherner's headed anywhere to the Tacoma, Spanaway, Rainier area's is just a PITA. Not really all that far away, but for unexplained reasons I'll head to say Mt Vernon (say 50 miles away) before I'll head to Puyallup (40 miles away).

Two words: Walker Valley ... think about it :;

I think the original question was "where", well my answer would be anywhere within and Hours's drive (or so) of the greater Seattle area. East or North preferred cause going south is just kind a bitch sometimes.

This give you lots of latitude. Off Highway 2 all the way between Monroe and Leavenworth (yes I know Leavenworth is farther than an hour, but the drive it easy and its less that 2 depending on were you start).

Off I-90 all the way to Elensburg also, again, easy to get to and for national comps that could be good, as its off a MAJOR Interstate and easy to get to from multiple directions.

we love back roads out here.i go the backway to elbe riter evans.ravensdale is in the middle.

Two words: Walker Valley ... think about it :;
Hey he just asked for "where". And I gave him some data based on my opinion. Sure, Walker's all ready north, and Evens/Elbe are South, so that leave mid-east off the I-90 or hw2 Corridors lacking. And if Reiter gets built, that will put "something" off hwy2.

Off I-90 would be the more user-friendly bet, but you would probably have to go east of the mountains to get open and cheap enough and low enough not to be all snow 1/2 the year, but that could be good. Drier = less water issues = less "salmon" issues which hopefully would = less envronmental issues like what Reiter has to deal with.

If the idea is for a comp park (definitely not something I'm opposed to), then smaller, closer in the better.

Hey he just asked for "where". And I gave him some data based on my opinion. Sure, Walker's all ready north, and Evens/Elbe are South, so that leave mid-east off the I-90 or hw2 Corridors lacking. And if Reiter gets built, that will put "something" off hwy2.

Off I-90 would be the more user-friendly bet, but you would probably have to go east of the mountains to get open and cheap enough and low enough not to be all snow 1/2 the year, but that could be good. Drier = less water issues = less "salmon" issues which hopefully would = less envronmental issues like what Reiter has to deal with.

If the idea is for a comp park (definitely not something I'm opposed to), then smaller, closer in the better.

comp and trails.he can go to canida ehh.:stirpot:but u r right .salmon...ravensdale isnt like rieter when every mud hole drains into a river and a hippy tree hugger picnic.i love rieter.its my fave.but dnr guys rarly biuld rock buggies.

I'll trailer to Ravensdale for a good wheeling spot, or race, or comp or........

I'll pay an annual fee if its reasonable and the terrain's worth it.

I wonder if you couldn't talk logging companies into letting "volunteer" groups in to create "trails" er, I mean {fire breaks} in the timber farms.

It wouldn't be logging companies ya talk to. Ya gotta talk to the land owners.

Crown Pacific used to allow a motorcycle club to ride on thier land. There was a fee ($20 if I remember right) and there was MILES of trails. There was a large parking/camping area. It was/is a very dry area. It can be done. The problem now is that Crown Pacific disolved and Sierra Pacific (read: CALIFONIANS) owns all the land.

But, this idea kind of interests me. I wonder if a club could talk a land owner into letting them have a organized run. I know of a jeep trail built in the 40's that I would LOVE to run now. Hmmmm...:corn:

Sierra Pacific (read: CALIFONIANS) owns all the land.

..:corn:

Californians of all people understand the effects of fire on timber farms.

You would think only the most absurd envirowacko's would be against fire breaks. That is why I am going to try to work this angle. The trails a.k.a. "fire breaks" would have to be in specific strategic locations, they would also need to be "maintained."

Californians of all people understand the effects of fire on timber farms.

You would think only the most absurd envirowacko's would be against fire breaks. That is why I am going to try to work this angle. The trails a.k.a. "fire breaks" would have to be in specific strategic locations, they would also need to be "maintained."

If they were to go for it they would also have to be able to drive a truck down to fight the fire should one start and that means fire roads not trails.

:booo:
If they were to go for it they would also have to be able to drive a truck down to fight the fire should one start and that means fire roads not trails.

:booo:this also has crossed my mind.big water tankers .

I like where this is going, i jumped in a bit late, but none the less. :cool::awesomework:

If this were to happen ALL the what if's would have to concidered and dealt with appropriatly. And it would definetly have to be supported by the people in our sport to survive, now i can see club getting into it, but the challenge is getting the once a monther so get involved. So many parts and so many minds. I believe Phil has brought a hell of monster to the table. I don't doubt if this happens we as a wheeling community could keep this up and running, especially if you get results like Tehuyah this spring.:squirrel:

i like that stuff ty...looks good and convincing,the land still has to be bought,or leased might be easier then. that being 1 of our ideas on benafitial land use.local privite buseness owners like less schwaub,,places that our group will use from time to time,for repairs,groceries...helps if the poeple helping this know how to spell ..im a:looser:

Last edited:
How do race tracks handle this ****. If you wreck and get hurt at say Evergreen Speedway, my guess is you are on you own. No?

E.S is owned by the county. the people that run the track(by contract puchased from the county), make the schedual, carry the insurance ect. are the "promoters". to drive at the track you are required to have a NASCAR liscence for your division. by having this liscence and paying NASCAR for it, NASCAR covers the driver...kinda like PIP. not only do i have to buy the liscence i have to pay the pit-fee. (lisc. gives a small discount). when i pay the pit-fee i also sign the waiver.
--maybe this could be a similar model for someone. make people sit through a half day of training/saftey the first time they go(at thier cost), then issue them a liscence.
--different liscenses could cost different amounts. based on rig type or areas allowed.
--the lisc can double as another type of waiver(stating it dangerous ect.) plus you could have them pay/sign a waiver every time.
--a large one time cost with a discounted future cost would help bring people back.
---also im not really sure on this one but i belive the county requires the emt's and fire trucks, and the promoters "rent" them.

Last edited:
one more thing. (sorry its so long winded and loads of typos)
--if you found an insurance company to cover the buisness insurance, maybe you could work a deal where they get 50 of the 100 dollars you charge for a liscence, and intern cover the drivers up to a certain amount. that way if somebody gets badly hurt theyll be covered. (aka less likley to sue)
--could probably contact NASCAR and ask if there interested.