• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORV Users Survey

So......everyone that has gone through and filled out this survey - you are ok with the fact that this is geared toward trying to open a PRIVATE ORV PARK?

I'm sorry, but I have a huge problem with that. No offense japerry - but I like to wheel the areas that we have open to wheel and I'm going to continue to fight for those areas until every option is exhausted.

We have a private orv park. Straddleline. How many wheelers actually go there to wheel?? I mean actually 4x4 wheelers - not dirtbikes or quads or race jeeps - wheelers.

Why pay to play in a park when we have open area available to us? To me telling the DNR or whoever that we would be ok with them closing other areas as long as we have a private orv park is rolling over and showing our belly and giving up our fight for the lands that we can rightfully use.

I would much rather donate my money and time to the forest service, DNR, BLM or whoever to continue to fight for the areas we already have.
Now with no nova funds we need to volunteer and donate directly to the agencies and fight even harder than before.

japerry - I don't know you. But I'm really not impressed with all the talk of a PRIVATE ORV PARK. If you would put as much energy and effort into keeping our wheeling areas open you would have my full support. But the last thing I am going to do is help someone privatize a wheeling area.

You all need to take a look at some of the states out there that don't have any open wheeling areas. All they have are private parks. And you need to realize how lucky we really are here.

Just my $0.02

Oh....and I won't be filling out your survey.
:hi:

So......everyone that has gone through and filled out this survey - you are ok with the fact that this is geared toward trying to open a PRIVATE ORV PARK?
I'm sorry, but I have a huge problem with that. No offense japerry - but I like to wheel the areas that we have open to wheel and I'm going to continue to fight for those areas until every option is exhausted.
We have a private orv park. Straddleline. How many wheelers actually go there to wheel?? I mean actually 4x4 wheelers - not dirtbikes or quads or race jeeps - wheelers.
Why pay to play in a park when we have open area available to us? To me telling the DNR or whoever that we would be ok with them closing other areas as long as we have a private orv park is rolling over and showing our belly and giving up our fight for the lands that we can rightfully use.
I would much rather donate my money and time to the forest service, DNR, BLM or whoever to continue to fight for the areas we already have.
Now with no nova funds we need to volunteer and donate directly to the agencies and fight even harder than before.
japerry - I don't know you. But I'm really not impressed with all the talk of a PRIVATE ORV PARK. If you would put as much energy and effort into keeping our wheeling areas open you would have my full support. But the last thing I am going to do is help someone privatize a wheeling area.
You all need to take a look at some of the states out there that don't have any open wheeling areas. All they have are private parks. And you need to realize how lucky we really are here.
Just my $0.02

Where in the survey does it say anything about closing anything we have now?....Yes I've wheeled Straddleline and from what I hear it's all but closed mostly due to the outrageouse fees they charge. Have you wheeled there? What do you think of the many miles of trail they have to offer?
I don't see a problem with opening another private park. Hell open 20 more too!:awesomework:

Straddleline is not an ORV park, its mainly a dirt bike place, with only 50 acres or so owned by the county. It also isn't geared towards 4x4s. Using this park is a bad example. A better example would be Morris Mtn ORV: http://www.morrismountainorv.com/

The main problem here is our reliance on the government. History has shown that they do not know how to manage our money or our lands. DNR is in the LEASE AND FORESTRY business. NOT recreation. While that might be slowly changing, the attitudes of the staff is still very much geared towards forestry and not recognizing that ORV use is a good thing.

Furthermore, this land is NOT free. and its not OURs. it belongs to a TRUST. This land trust goes back into our community schools, orgs, etc through timber sales and lease agreements. Our use of Reiter and other lands have historically been a problem because we use (damage) the land without paying for it.

'Free' wheeling is NOT sustainable. Someone is paying for it. If we want kick ass places to wheel, they need to be self sustainable from an environmental and economic standpoint. Getting the legislature to give us funds is proven to not be sustainable, because this money can be ripped away from us.

Like I said above, wheeling areas are getting closed because they aren't self-sustainable. They need management, they need restoration, they need education, etc. I'm one of the regulars at the walker valley advisory meeting, I've been doing this for a few years now. DNR will not invest the required amount of money needed to do the type of ORV Park most wheelers desire. That is why I'm pushing for a self-sustainable private ORV park. BTW, the park would be on DNR land, leased. much like ski areas leasing land from the FS.

I think you got that backwards. We need to see how unlucky we are. If you live in GA, SC, AL, or AK you're within 45mins, 1hour from a bunch of AWESOME ORV Parks. They offer trails we can only dream of here. They have on-site camping with facilities, many have a shop where you can work on your rig if its broken, they have rock formations and tough courses, as well as easier meandering trails. They're all legit, safe, family friendly, and all out rock. The money you pay to go there is returned directly into making the park better.

Private ORV parks is the future. Think of it like a ski area.

Last edited:
Just my $0.02

Rememberer what side of the sate we're on, sweetheart.:; You show we an area in Western WA (Puget Sound area) that has the opportunities you guys have over there......and I'll show you a buggy wheeling it.

I strongly disagree with you and I support Jakob and his endeavors.

Just MY $0.02

P.S. - Way to show your support and our unity. :hi: But let me guess, you have a problem with Jakob, personally. Naw....couldn't be........cause you're bigger than that, right?:kiss:

I think most people are for privet parts :haha::haha: :kissmybutt: :masturbanana[1]: :masturbanana[1]: :masturbanana[1]:

It's aggressive Friday.....and she's probably on the rag.:76:

Don't worry Peanut......We respect your position and constructive criticism is always welcome. Though......I'm not sure how constructive it was.:eeek: You didn't offer a compromise. You were really just expressing your opinion.......no FACTS were presented.

Oh well....whatever......

Last edited:
It's aggressive Friday.....and she's probably on the rag.:76:

Don't worry Peanut......We respect your position and constructive criticism is always welcome. Though......I'm sure how constructive it was.:eeek: You didn't offer a compromise. You were really just expressing your opinion.......no FACTS were presented.

Oh well....whatever......

Damn.. She read it the same way I did... The survey makes it sound like the state area's were being given up on in favor of private parks simple as that. As far as I know she doesn't know Jakob and I didn't see her reply as an attack just as an observation.

After seeing that the survey apparently started right here (it was linked to another board where she found it :; ) and the attitude behind it I can see that my thoughts on it were wrong but I didn't care enough to post what i thought about it she did and from the looks of things her thoughts were a bit off base. No need for anything to get personal. :rolleyes:

Ok, you received your brownie points......now shoo-fly.

The only ones being aggressive is you playing the victim... I couldn't give two shits about brownie points for defending what she said I just explained our (her and myself) thoughts of what we saw on the surface and those thoughts were apparently wrong after finding the source and reasoning behind the survey.

Nothing more nothing less. I'm sure she's typing up some 48,000 word diatribe as we type here that will explain the exact thing I just did in under 50 but that's how I do it.. :redneck:

Where in the survey does it say anything about closing anything we have now?....Yes I've wheeled Straddleline and from what I hear it's all but closed mostly due to the outrageouse fees they charge. Have you wheeled there? What do you think of the many miles of trail they have to offer?
I don't see a problem with opening another private park. Hell open 20 more too!:awesomework:

I didn't say it said anywhere in the survey about closing anything we have now.
No I have never wheeled Straddleline - because as you just said due to the outrageous fees they charge. I already put enough money into our wheeling areas, I really don't feel that I should also have to PAY big fees to wheel at a private orv park.

Rememberer what side of the sate we're on, sweetheart.:; You show we an area in Western WA (Puget Sound area) that has the opportunities you guys have over there......and I'll show you a buggy wheeling it.

I strongly disagree with you and I support Jakob and his endeavors.

Just MY $0.02

P.S. - Way to show your support and our unity. :hi: But let me guess, you have a problem with Jakob, personally. Naw....couldn't be........cause you're bigger than that, right?:kiss:

Oh trust me I know what side of the state I'm on snookypants. I also originally came from the wet side. It's much drier and sunnier on this side of the mountains. :D

I really have no idea what you are talking about with me having a problem with Jakob. I don't even know who Jakob is, never met him, never talked to him. He can attest to that. I just simply don't like the idea of private orv parks. Pretty simple really. I have a ton of support for wheeling and wheelers. If I didn't, do you actually think that I would choose to go through what I have gone through with Trail Watch over the last year? The questions, the skepticism, the tests, the name calling, the arguments. I'm sorry, but this is where my skepticism lies. We just lost $9 Million because of one person. $9 million that has come out of all of our pockets - not just the wheelers that choose to pay that money. It was taken from all of us. So can you see why I'm skeptical about HAVING to pay to wheel???
I would just rather see more enthusiasm and effort such as this put towards the current battles we are already fighting.

And no Mark......I'm not on the rag :fawkdancesmiley: :kissmybutt:

I'm sure she's typing up some 48,000 word diatribe
Oh fawk off!!! :fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Another thing to point out real quick....

The survey is being copied and pasted to other boards with no real explanation behind it. So it is very easy for someone to mis-interpret the meaning behind it. Obviously. :D