• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

Matt posted a picture of my **** at rbd playing on a rock. I was happy about it and a bunch of my friends tagged me. I see both sides. When he shared that pic the only thing I asked was who took it so I could thank them for getting a cool shot of me doing something besides working on my **** on the side of the trail or winching :dunno:

making a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm sure its not a big deal unless Wizzo made it a big deal, then he could have contacted Busted Knuckle himself and addressed the issue. Looks like OP is **** riding the builder. :stir: :stir: :stir:

Re: Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

Cole fimed me at Gray Rock in my Toyota, last I looked it had something like 47k views on Youtube. He didn't ask me, holy **** should I be offended that he made money off of filming me wheel without my consent? Same **** isn't it? You guys are really mad someone took a picture that someone posted on the internet and shared it...just doesn't seem significant to me. If that much significance was placed on it, why would you be posting pics of the **** online. I realize it was taken from facebook, but facebook is not really a private forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Who the hell wants to see you 47k times??????????? (insert Stevie Wonder emoji) :flipoff1: :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

al1tonyota said:
Ok this is the second time this week I've heard some stupid **** like this! If you don't want your pictures or for that matter comments shared or copied don't post them to the internet! I mean **** did the owner of the picture get upset or butt hurt? If so a message hey I'd rather you not share my picture message would get that mf'r deleted quick! There is a delete button on Facebook that prevents people you aren't at least aquantences with from seeing your **** privacy settings will take care of everything else! ****in sad :flipgotcha:
X2. IMO one its on the internet for others to see its public info. As far as we know he found the pic on google, and didn't know whose it was. When I saw it posted it was captioned "show us your rearends" or something to that aspect.

If you want credit on your pictures, you need to watermark them so ppl know where they came from.

al1tonyota said:
Ok this is the second time this week I've heard some stupid **** like this! If you don't want your pictures or for that matter comments shared or copied don't post them to the internet! I mean **** did the owner of the picture get upset or butt hurt? If so a message hey I'd rather you not share my picture message would get that mf'r deleted quick! There is a delete button on Facebook that prevents people you aren't at least aquantences with from seeing your **** privacy settings will take care of everything else! ****in sad :flipgotcha:

I've read a lot of dumb **** on Hardline but this may take the cake for dumbest **** ever. I'm sure it will get eclipsed soon though, probably in this thread again.

The issue of a for profit company using someone else's work to promote said company with no credit does not have two sides. It's a black and white issue. I would explain it further but if you don't get it already it's not worth my time to try and put it into terms some of you mush brains can understand. I started the thread to get Matt's attention not to debate with idiots. If you search Hardline you will find threads where Matt has called out others for the same thing on multiple occasions. The knife cuts both ways folks.

I built a RZR based buggy recently and when it was done I posted on Instagram and a few Spacebook pages, soon one or two big names shared it and tagged me in the posts. Friend requests, follows and requests to build folks a buggy came flying in from everywhere! I could have had 7 or 8 builds to do if I wanted them so it definitely helps the little guy out with a simple tag.

yankster said:
I built a RZR based buggy recently and when it was done I posted on Instagram and a few Spacebook pages, soon one or two big names shared it and tagged me in the posts. Friend requests, follows and requests to build folks a buggy came flying in from everywhere! I could have had 7 or 8 builds to do if I wanted them so it definitely helps the little guy out with a simple tag.

This guy gets it.

I think some of yall are taking this a little far. As redneckengineered stated in the first post and from what I've seen on HL and facespace, the busted knuckle "brand" takes using other peoples content pretty seriously. So this kinda surprises me in general.

Fact of the matter is busted knuckle used a picture I took, of a buggy I built. Do I really give a ****, not really. BUT would it have been cool of them to tag me or the buggy owner in the pic, yeah. And honestly, I feel like that is generally, the right thing to do. Kinda like when busted knuckle or madram takes a video of you and then you share it on your social media page, I see most people sharing or re-posting it and giving them a shout out for taking the video.

Do I think that the picture he used is making him tons of money, absolutely not. BUT, when you use something to draw attention to your "brand", I feel like the right thing to do is give credit for the content you are using.

wizzo said:
I think some of yall are taking this a little far. As redneckengineered stated in the first post and from what I've seen on HL and facespace, the busted knuckle "brand" takes using other peoples content pretty seriously. So this kinda surprises me in general.

Fact of the matter is busted knuckle used a picture I took, of a buggy I built. Do I really give a ****, not really. BUT would it have been cool of them to tag me or the buggy owner in the pic, yeah. And honestly, I feel like that is generally, the right thing to do. Kinda like when busted knuckle or madram takes a video of you and then you share it on your social media page, I see most people sharing or re-posting it and giving them a shout out for taking the video.

Do I think that the picture he used is making him tons of money, absolutely not. BUT, when you use something to draw attention to your "brand", I feel like the right thing to do is give credit for the content you are using.

No we are not taking this a little far!! This is the internet man, that's how it works!! Someone brings something up and we are obligated to cuss and attack and make long rants that are relatively unrelated to the original post and start attacking someone we thought was the coolest person ever yesterday. You need to read up some buddy.....its in the Constitution. It's how the founding fathers wanted it.

redneckengineered said:
I've read a lot of dumb **** on Hardline but this may take the cake for dumbest **** ever. I'm sure it will get eclipsed soon though, probably in this thread again. ^^^Well, how did I do?? :dunno:

wizzo said:

I agree with this a simple message to them would have taken care of the whole thing!

al1tonyota said:
I agree with this a simple message to them would have taken care of the whole thing!

I believe the point is that it shouldn't be necessary.

BK was asked twice in the fb thread with no response.

money_pit_yj said:
No we are not taking this a little far!! This is the internet man, that's how it works!! Someone brings something up and we are obligated to cuss and attack and make long rants that are relatively unrelated to the original post and start attacking someone we thought was the coolest person ever yesterday. You need to read up some buddy.....its in the Constitution. It's how the founding fathers wanted it.

That's the hardline way

Guys he is building a house and trying to run a business do you think he has Time to **** with the poor people. Y'all are some crazy MFER's fo sure and Tony B loves riding ****'s case closed. Let all have good weekend and move on.