• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Photobucket Issues Today?

Well Photobucket is up to their usual things again...

I have been with Photobucket since May of 2008 and have 2300+ photos uploaded to various folders (mostly wheeling pictures and items posted for sale for others). Using the free version of the site sucked enough, so I never bought a paid membership (so that's on me I reckon).

However, starting at the end of last week, I noticed my photos posted to various forums were no longer showing up and saying they were "Moved or Deleted by User". After some investigating to ensure the forums were not having technical difficulties, I discovered the issue was that none of my 2300+ photos are available on the Photobucket website or the Photobucket for iPad app. So I emailed Photobucket this morning.

Got this response from Photobucket a bit ago. :****:

Josh (Photobucket Support)
Feb 27, 1:29 PM MST
Hello,
We thank you for your patience while we investigated the matter. Our engineering team has been working tirelessly to identify and recover your images. They identified a technical issue that had 1 out of a billion odds of occurring. Unfortunately, your account was one of the handful that were affected. They have spent countless hours to recover your images, but yielded no results. They have added additional safeguards in place to make sure this never happens again.
We are refunding all charges that may have been made for the past 12 months. In addition, we will be providing a year of our AdFree subscription.
Once again, we strongly apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Anyone else have this happen or know of any work arounds? ???

I will have to check my laptop and external hard-drive tonight, but I'd estimate 30-50% of my pictures are gone for good (had a computer crash while backing up files and lost everything (2007-2012) on the laptop and external hard-drive).

Today's Update:

Emailed Photobucket this morning asking how the technical issue, that had a one out of a billion odds (0.0000001%) of occurring, completely wiped my entire 2300+ photos off of all the Photobucket servers and wiped all the backups off their servers...

An hour and a half later I got this response:
Feb 28, 9:45 AM MST
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. Once again, we are truly sorry for this technical glitch and the inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately, our engineering team is unable to recover any of the images from your account. Every effort was made to recover images for the handful of accounts affected but no images could be retrieved.
I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate teams and again, we sincerely apologize for this issue.

So I am SOL in terms of getting anything back from Photobucket... Who do y'all recommend for photo hosting services???

ridered3 said:
Today's Update:

Emailed Photobucket this morning asking how the technical issue, that had a one out of a billion odds (0.0000001%) of occurring, completely wiped my entire 2300+ photos off of all the Photobucket servers and wiped all the backups off their servers...

An hour and a half later I got this response:
Feb 28, 9:45 AM MST
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. Once again, we are truly sorry for this technical glitch and the inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately, our engineering team is unable to recover any of the images from your account. Every effort was made to recover images for the handful of accounts affected but no images could be retrieved.

I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate teams and again, we sincerely apologize for this issue.

So I am SOL in terms of getting anything back from Photobucket... Who do y'all recommend for photo hosting services???

That Sucks!! :mad:

smbroady82 said:
That Sucks!! :mad:

Yeah no kidding. How they don't have backup files that should be restorable is beyond me...

But at least they offered to make it right with one year of AdFree Subscriptions, which I interpreted as follows:

"Hey we screwed up. We lost everything you ever uploaded and entrusted us with, have zero backup files that can be restored, and did not even attempt to notify you that there were issues with your account. Instead we responded to your issue after you reached out to us first. But regardless of all that, here's an offer for a year's worth of AdFree subscription to make up for losing nearly 9 years' worth of your memories."

I swapped to Imgur.com

No issues so far and has easy links for pictures. The app is harder to use then the website though, not sure if I just don't know the ins and outs of it yet or what. The website is like how photo bucket used to be without ads and easy to upload and grab links for pictures.

toreadorranger said:
I swapped to Imgur.com

No issues so far and has easy links for pictures. The app is harder to use then the website though, not sure if I just don't know the ins and outs of it yet or what. The website is like how photo bucket used to be without ads and easy to upload and grab links for pictures.

Good to know. Having the I
code already available is a big plus to me. I'll have to look into that one.