• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics from top of izzy

The thing is Dirtball I don't think anyone is telling anyone else that they can't do anything. Their just using their god given right to call those people stupid for trying.:awesomework:

Reserving the right to laugh your asses off? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :popcorn:

How long did it take you? How much stacking and/or winching did you do? Maybe the condition of the trail was beyond the capability of your rig? What size tire were you running? Was this a case of stack it till you make it, or was it driver skill and properly equiped rig?
Not long. It definitely is funner and more challenging now. I stacked no rocks... My truck specs are in my sig. I have mad skillz! lol
Thats the only reason I said it mark---

The holes and ledges are pretty big--I even got stuck good a few times and took some wiggling to get myself out ..

And the climb where the landslide took a huge chunk of earth is also brutal--very steep, very big rocks and no good winch points--you either drive it or don't. It took all of a # of attempts to get up and I had the smallest tires of the bunch..

Not trying to dis anybody but just the facts and the reality of it...

And JThompson I suspect you didn't get up the ledge near the bridge--thats a fubar section and can easily swallow a 38" tire...

By the sounds of previous posts, I also suspect that I did not make it to where this ledge is. I was a ways past that first ledge, the one that you also then have to pivot/drive over that roundish brain-looking rock, at least a hundred yards. I imagine that I was around another 50 yards from the bridge? I dunno, it all looks different! I was just about out of the first section of water coming down the trail, by about 20 feet. There was only a foot or so of water on the trail at that time, about a month ago. I have not yet been up past the old bridge yet.

Ive never been past that first log bridge you come to on the actual trail (the one you drive over). The last group I was with decided to turn around there. I drove across it and turned around to head home.

Are you saying its worse after that now, or is it worse just getting to that part? I remember hearing it was "bad" after that bridge before all this.

~T.J.

I knew I was going to hear some **** from you guys but gezzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I am saving my money for 35's but now have to but an axle, its wierd though, A stock jeep with stock 200 hp on stock Dana HD 44 axles with 4.10:1 gears and only 32" tires is busting the stub shaft.

100_1341.jpg

100_1343.jpg

100_1342.jpg

I am saving my money for 35's but now have to but an axle, its wierd though, A stock jeep with stock 200 hp on stock Dana HD 44 axles with 4.10:1 gears and only 32" tires is busting the stub shaft.

You sound as if you're surprised?

What you call a stock Dana 44 is just a reincarnation of the same **** they used to put on the Dana 30 front.

It was junk then and it's still junk today.

35" tires will do nothing but break more parts and require a lower set of gears, been there done that.

I do not have a TJ i have a JK 5 on 5

D'oh! I knew that. You're kinda screwed with that bolt pattern. Try warranty that axle before you spend money. A lot of dealers will jack you around, but with 32s you should be able to get it done for warranty.

Dynatrac offers complete axle upgrades, as do some other folks, but it's $$. I'm sure Warn will have a kit to retro-fit your shafts also.

What I'd do is buy the Warn Kit for a TJ, and have the hubs re-drilled from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5. There should be an easy job, and Dean at Bent Metal Customs has redrilled my D60s from 8 lug to 5 lug. It's cheap to do. The Warn kit will give you a significant upgrade. The only thing I don't know, is if where the spindle bolts up is the same between the TJ and JK. Dunno.

I can get Cromolly shafts for RubyDoo but there 700.00 for each set, just have to come up with the money. Got a new Stock front shaft for 150.00.

I can get Cromolly shafts for RubyDoo but there 700.00 for each set, just have to come up with the money. Got a new Stock front shaft for 150.00.

The chromo shafts will be good for 35's but you'll still have to re-gear...and then you will want 37's and the chromo shafts will **** parts...then you'll be looking at bigger axles...

The cycle of wheeling...

Ive never been past that first log bridge you come to on the actual trail (the one you drive over). The last group I was with decided to turn around there. I drove across it and turned around to head home.

Are you saying its worse after that now, or is it worse just getting to that part? I remember hearing it was "bad" after that bridge before all this.

~T.J.
From all reports:

That bridge is GONE, and just getting to were it WAS is an advaenture, let alone past [were it was].

Sounds like we got a fun one!
________
Squirting squirter

Last edited: