• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

I run 4 lamp T5HO high bay fixtures in my barn. They put out a tremendous amoung of light. I'm very happy with them. I have a total fo 12 fixtures in my 50x50 and it lights it very well. They work great in the winter too. We had some temps in the single digits for a week or two and they lit up just fine.

Re: Re: Re: Pics of your shops/garages/specs

AdamF said:
Any zoning or permit troubles with that set up? I was looking into doing the same up here but my county is ran by hippys that don't want you to live anywhere that doesn't have an HOA eventhough 90% of my town are crack heads or meth addicts :mad:

No trouble with anything where im at. Out in the sticks, half a mile off the blacktop. :****:

crawler 129 said:
What kind of lights are y'all running what are the best ? I need to add more lights in my shop

Not sure if they are the best, but i used 22- of the standard t12 8foot flourescent lights in mine. They're on 3 seperate switches so i don't have to have them all on at the same time, and work great. I would think they use less power than those bigger round shop lights most people use. My ceiling height is only 16' so the 8footers worked better for me anyway.

Randys Rock Rods said:
I will definitely do a build thread on it when it gets a little further along

The whole building is 60x90. 60x50 house and 60x40 shop area. thumb.gif

I'm assuming after finishing the top of the house portion, it will be able to be used for storage or even an office of some sort overhead? Damn I'd love to have one set up like that.

TacomaJD said:
I'm assuming after finishing the top of the house portion, it will be able to be used for storage or even an office of some sort overhead? Damn I'd love to have one set up like that.

Im having 20' deep on the shop end built strong enough for overhead storage. Not really enough room for two stories tho with a full 8' ceiling on bottom. My side walls are 14' and 16.5' in the center. I planned on it being big enough on one floor because i hate climbing stairs, ha. But i would recommend to anyone else, going at least 16' sides for two floors.

TacomaJD said:
So what's gonna be on top of the house part? Wasted space? molaugh

Ha, yea pretty much. Just storage on the first 20 foot, then past that, the other 30x26 will be the living room, and i'm vaulting the ceiling up to 16foot

1,300sq ft living room and kitchen

temurugu.jpg

yhe6y3ah.jpg

Randys Rock Rods said:
Ha, yea pretty much. Just storage on the first 20 foot, then past that, the other 30x26 will be the living room, and i'm vaulting the ceiling up to 16foot
Ahhh, vaulted ceilings makes sense. I was thinking it was gonna be flat all the way across the top.

Just got the ball rolling on a 20x30 with 12' walls. City limits kept me down to 600 square foot but figured that be enough to mess with a buggy or two. Hopefully setting post in 2 weeks.

04rubi said:
Just got the ball rolling on a 20x30 with 12' walls. City limits kept me down to 600 square foot but figured that be enough to mess with a buggy or two. Hopefully setting post in 2 weeks.
One reason I love the rural life no city limits and no HOA :woot:

Man....I envy you guys that have all that usable space! I moved from a house that had a lil land to detached condo that has very little land(because I didn't want the maintanance/upkeep). Now that I got into the off road thing, I keep wanting to get that land back and have a place to park the jeep still on the trailer plus space/room for other things.

cmoultrie said:
So where's the best place close to north Alabama pricing wise to get a building?

This is from last year... I'll probably go this route when its time to build mine.

Dwalk said:
TKC INC. is running a special on Pole Barns. The rafters on these buildings are upgraded with I-beam instead of typical bar joist. If you have your own wood, roofing and siding, you can also buy just the Rafters.

Starting price on a 24'x24' with galvalume roof is $2995.00 includes: 6x6 post, painted 12" I-beam rafters, 2x6 purlins, galvalume roof panels, all bolts and screws. installation starts at $1200.00

Other sizes available 32x36, 40x60, etc..... Call/text Kris @ 256-349-7397 or Darren @ 256-702-3453

pic of display on 24x24 frame:

photobucket-3928-1359942030172_zps4159d298.jpg

jccarter1 said:
Tkc is a good company to deal with they built mine for cheaper than I could get the materials for Darin walker "dwalk" doesn't work with them any more but he problably could put you in contact with them

This is the number I have for them (256) 349-7397 Kris is the guys name if you don't get him leave a message he will get back to you
Also I would recommend going full steel a well