• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

As most of you know, I live in my motor-house. Just me and the dog. I'm close to settling on a piece of property I think. So now, I gotta find a "shop builder". Jefferson/Shelby County. Anyone know someone?
Below is an idea of what I want the outside to look like. But the inside will be empty, the balcony would just have a wood staircase up to the door with a landing that would also allow a cat-walk to access the motor-house roof easily. But the outside balcony is for morning coffee/late night BS'ing type sitting.
The back will have a RV door as well, pull through. The idea is to have a small sitting area in the back corner of the shop with a TV and couch chair, but I'll still sleep/shower/eat in the motor-house.

This pic is just an idea, and this structure can be metal building, doesn't have to be wood outside. but I envision pure awesomeness. inside parking with one bay having a two-post lift.

Need a builder in this area... anyone recommended?

Re: Re: Re: Pics of your shops/garages/specs

Randys Rock Rods said:
1,300sq ft living room and kitchen

temurugu.jpg

yhe6y3ah.jpg
Wheres the updates.. :fish:

Re: Re: Re: Pics of your shops/garages/specs

Bumpers said:
Wheres the updates.. :fish:

Not much has changed since those pics. It's a slow go right now, but i did get the sidewalks finished last year, The floors stained and grooved, and just got the living room ceiling decked. Gonna leave all the wood exposed and put a light stain on it

dammit man I like that floor!! im busting a slab out on the house I just bought and going to redo it due to the slab dropping. iv been looking at a lot of stains and yours is the flashemifyougotem

Re:

I may have missed it .. randys rock rods what size is your building ? Its very simular to what im planning in size it looks.

Def doing stained concrete. Ive also seen some custom finishes for concrete that can make it look like marble and all kinds of finishes in any color you can imagine. I havent got to the point of looking into that yet.

Re:

Bumpers said:
I may have missed it .. randys rock rods what size is your building ?

Mine is 60x90x14. 60x50 is the house area and 60x40 is what i use for shop right now. But i've been thinking more towards putting up another building for my work, and using the area behind the house for just a garage.

we finally moved into a new place a couple of weeks ago... :drinkers:
old place..

new place

old place was around 1700sqft, new place is 2400sqft and is setup a lot better!

Brian

This is not my shop...for now..its just my attached carport :drinkers:
26 wide
25 deep
10' ceiling
20' door in the front, 10' door centered in the back
Had to remove a old driveway 1st:
Jimmy's contribution:

Any of you guys have experience with scissor style trusses? Im in proccess of getting the grounds ready to build a 30x40 and I have intentions of putting a 2 post lift in. Most guys on garage journal say a 12' ceiling is fine and even better if you have scissor trusses but when i called the company im wanting to build it he is saying I need 14' walls. If I need them thats fine, but if its going to be a waste of space to heat/cool id rather stick with 12'

1TONZR2 said:
we finally moved into a new place a couple of weeks ago... :drinkers:
old place..

new place

old place was around 1700sqft, new place is 2400sqft and is setup a lot better!

I need to get by there and check it out.

Brian

Mine don't fit in my garage so I set things like this up when it's cold and I need to work on it. Going to set it up again tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1385843790105.jpg
    1385843790105.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 791