• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pile-o-parts help

fl-krawler

Do you ever get to a point where you are sitting on a pile of parts, and/or a few partially completed rigs and you can't make up your mind what you want to do. I was building a 4 seat rockwelled buggy on 47's, until I decided I wanted to build something much lower to the ground on 14b/rockwell hybrids with a lot more power (compound boosted L92). That build is still going to take place no matter what. My dilemma lies with what to do with the Jeep TJ I have, as well as the old chassis I lost motivation to finish. I have been wheeling a borrowed TJ juggy on rockwells for almost 3 years now, so I am ready to be in my own trail rig (not to mention, in April the owner of it is moving to Tulsa, so I will lose access to it). All of my wheeling buddies are pretty much finished with their builds, so I am starting to feel some pressure from them (and my wife oddly) to get something wheelable soon (which isn't easy between building stuff for other people, and going to school full-time).

Here is what I got:
97 Jeep TJ. All stock and uncut. No axles or suspension under it currently. It has a built LS1/700R4/D300 in it, and a full cage. Jeep needs the frame replaced (I have a new one), tube work to tie the cage into the frame, and all the suspension/motor mounts built on the new frame. I have a set of 1 tons, and coilovers, but I will need to buy gears, lockers, driveshafts, and steering. I will also need to backhalf the new frame, and build an under tub fuel cell for it.

Rockwelled buggy. Chassis is finished. Suspension, engine/trans mounts, steering, seat mounts, winch mounts driveshafts, exhaust, etc are finished. I would need to do all the tin work (floor, firewall, exterior skins, fuel cell), plumb and wire it, borrow the engine/trans/tcase from the jeep, and build an engine cage.

I had originally planned to build a new buggy, and take all the parts from the old one that was almost finished, and build a rockwelled 4 door TJ like Bret Burton's 2006 TTC winning jeep. That would have left me only needing to find a home for the chassis. Since then, I got the idea to build the TJ up on 1 tons since I thought I could finish it faster and get it wheelable sooner. Now I am stuck at a crossroads on what to do, and time is sort of running out (There is a wheeling trip coming up in 6 weeks).

So what would you guys do? Keep working on the TJ and finish it with the 1 tons and coilovers, then rebuild it into a 4 door at a later date OR put it on the backburner for the time being, and finish the buggy that is already 85% done and wheel it while you build a new, more badass buggy? It will be cutting it very close on the TJ just getting it finished in time for the next ride. I am about 90% sure I could have the buggy done by that ride.

5BrothersFabrication said:
I'd go with the one that you won't have to redo, like if you're expecting to be a dad (4 seater), or plan on running SRRS (bouncer).

No more kids for me, and I'm not really into the whole rock bouncing scene.

Re:

Build both. Get you one of those high limit, high interest credit cards and live like your rich for a while. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Re:

Addison66 said:
Build both. Get you one of those high limit, high interest credit cards and live like your rich for a while. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

laughing1 molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh :flipgotcha: