• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pinto Bouncer "Mean Bean"

Eddyj said:
Rockwells does that mean the bean might be headed to TTC?

That's the plan!! Hoping somebody will get some awesome pics for my entry pic. Debating on whether I should stay 44's or step up to 54's if I get picked. I really don't see 44's winning with the possible competition I'd be facing. I've got Ouverson 16 rear shafts but stock front's for now, been weighing pro's and con's of Axeltechs for the 54's. This will probably be the last year this car will get raced, just can't afford it. Want to make it an all around trail rig, especially since I haven't rolled it yet.

17th out of 41 competitors, met some new people, got to see family after the race, all in all best weekend I've had in a long time!!! Now that the car works it's time for some shock tuning, steering upgrades and seat time!! If my finances can keep up I'm going for points next year. Hopefully see everyone at SMORR!!

96crawler said:
17th out of 41 competitors, met some new people, got to see family after the race, all in all best weekend I've had in a long time!!! Now that the car works it's time for some shock tuning, steering upgrades and seat time!! If my finances can keep up I'm going for points next year. Hopefully see everyone at SMORR!!

Heck Yeah!!!

See you next month!!!

Eddyj said:
How bout sum updates? How the axles doing. Can you tell a difference in driving it?
Climbed his first srrs hill with 2 flats and a broke steering knuckle. I would say the thing is doing work

Eddyj said:
How bout sum updates? How the axles doing. Can you tell a difference in driving it?

Axles are doing great!!! Run the AOP race with no issue, ran at a monster truck show obstacle course then a local obstacle course and mud bog. Upgraded to a double ended 2.5x10 ag ram and ran the finals in Hot Springs this past weekend. Cut a tire on Donnie's Hill, laid it on it's side and was able save it, couldn't get steered back up the hill and ended up on the trail next to it to keep from rolling it. Borrowed a spare and hit Ingrid's Revenge, come up the slate wall in 3rd gear on the nitrous and hit the wall on the right breaking the rf steering knuckle. Didn't know it was broke other than it was steering a little funny, also left rear tire was flat. Come around the corner going to the bathtub at the top and some people were telling me to stop cause it was broke. Batmobile Will was hollering at me to go so I got straight with the tub and stood in it. Bouncing off the rev limiter I cut the right rear tire but finished the trail at 1:26!!

Car definitely responds better with the gearing and I've done a little tuning on the shocks so it handles better now too. Still need some tuning on shocks but I'm liking the car again and it's been a very fun few weeks!!

what shafts you running in the rocks? are they stock or did you upgrade them? if they are stock damn that gives me a little less worry bout having to upgrade the ones im getting cause that was a beat down :****: love the rig bud