• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Planetary axles

trailcarnage

I have an opportunity to purchase a pair of NOS (2005) Axletech 824 planetary axles, 25.8:1 final drive ratio. Being NOS, they are cherry. Any idea if there is an offroad market for these and what would their worth be?

Axle tag:

Diff tag:

Why would anybody want them? I mean They look like they'd **** on a rockwell and t-cases fail before rockwells do as far as I know, so what's the point? Plus they look like 2 or 3x the unsprung weight. If there's an offroad market for them, please inform me as to why (not being a smartass, I'd really like to know), because I've never seen em under a rig before.

Be alright if you was building Grave Digger II or something I guess :wtflol:

TacomaJD said:
Why would anybody want them? I mean They look like they'd **** on a rockwell and t-cases fail before rockwells do as far as I know, so what's the point? Plus they look like 2 or 3x the unsprung weight. If there's an offroad market for them, please inform me as to why (not being a smartass, I'd really like to know), because I've never seen em under a rig before.

Be alright if you was building Grave Digger II or something I guess :wtflol:

****, I don't know what the market is. That's why I was asking. I do know that tall-tire mudders and monster trucks mount the planetaries on duece-halfs.

Latest posts