• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best place to buy trailer axles?

mrdrinksalil

After many years of service, my 3500 axles have lost there arch and figured might as well get two new ones with brakes on both. Anyone have a good source?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Re:

I'm in Northeast Georgia but travel most of the southeast in a pickup for work.

There is a place in Irondale, AL that has stuff in stock and at pretty good prices but the name of it has escaped me at the moment. Its pretty much behind Sam's Club in Irondale....it'll come to me or somebody else on here might know what I'm talking about.

Behind same is Rockwell. They see to be cool but now they want you to order online before you go.

Eddyj said:
Behind same is Rockwell. They see to be cool but now they want you to order online before you go.

Yep, that's it.

I was able to call and find out if they had what I needed and just went by there and picked it up....this was a couple of months ago.

Re:

mrdrinksalil said:
I'm in Northeast Georgia but travel most of the southeast in a pickup for work.

There is a place in dalton that has dexter axles in Stock and has very good prices on them. I can get the number for you on Monday.

5BrothersFabrication said:
I work at Knox Trailers in Knoxville, Tn. Call us Monday morning and we'll get you hooked up. 865-523-1115

After all the help you gave them boys that lost the wheelbearing, You will get a call from me when its time to build my new trailer thumb.gif

Re:

stepup said:
There is a place in dalton that has dexter axles in Stock and has very good prices on them. I can get the number for you on Monday.

Post up when you get the #.

I'm in the area and wouldn't mind upgrading my trailer axles eventually and ditch this oddball 5x5 trailer lug pattern.

I agree with these guys on rockwell american in Irondale, Al. I picked up a 7500# with springs and brakes for 325.00 last year from them. Also automotive friction downtown bham carries the brake kits re-manufactured complete backing plates and all for 48 bucks. thats the only way to do trailer brakes imo!

Re:

I thought Rockwell American was going to be my best bet but they were bygawd rediculus on a 3500 w brakes this morning. I must have called before the lady had a chance for her coffee.

Re:

Looks like Redneck Trailers is going to be my best bet on 3500 dexter axle. They have a location in Tuscumbia AL and one in Byron, GA. Bout 218 before tax on a full width 3500 w ez lube spindles and elec brakes. Another 30-35 for springs and ubolts.

84turbotoy said:
I agree with these guys on rockwell american in Irondale, Al. I picked up a 7500# with springs and brakes for 325.00 last year from them. Also automotive friction downtown bham carries the brake kits re-manufactured complete backing plates and all for 48 bucks. thats the only way to do trailer brakes imo!

Pretty sure automotive friction has been out of business for a couple of years.

Latest posts