• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plowboy Heads to King of the Hammers 2014

Southern Rock Racing

From Joe Lawson:
Breaking News!!!!! PLOWBOY Rig heads to Kings of the Hammers 2014!!!!!
That's right folks…..this is not a misprint or an April fool's day joke! Richie Keith called me yesterday and invited me over to his farm for a chat. To put it simple: Richie offered up his buggy…his pride and joy…. PLOWBOY and to modify it so it could compete at King of the Hammers 2014 in Johnson Valley California. After picking myself up off his shop floor, we began to discuss the mods to the suspension and other items that we be kept under wraps till the race. Can you imagine PLOWBOY with some tuned triple bypass shocks and some sticky rock tires blasting through the desert? Richie and I will both be driving throughout the race representing the first SRRS ROCKBOUNCER to ever run the King of the Hammers? Just imagine this Deere screaming through the desert and blasting up chocolate thunder or the obstacle backdoor? I cannot think of a better person to share this once in a lifetime bucket list opportunity with then Richie. After the SRRS Finals the PLOWBOY rig will make one final appearance in 2013…..at DTOR's Boo Bash III on Oct 26th. October 27th, Plowboy buggy goes in for a major operation and will not be seen until it is debuted on the lakebed in Feb. Bang Bang. Look out Flat Billers…..Ole Plowboy is coming for ya.

Pretty cool news! Going to be a lot of work to make the Plow KOH ready though.

Wouldn't it be wiser to start over versus completely changing that one?

Curious who is doing the work on the Plow car too?

Awesome, yall might want to get some endurance experience asap locally in Ecors or Dirt Riot (both racing this weekend)

ridered3 said:
Pretty cool news! Going to be a lot of work to make the Plow KOH ready though.

Wouldn't it be wiser to start over versus completely changing that one?

Curious who is doing the work on the Plow car too?

That's what I said on FB. Apparently I am a hater and I will be proven wrong. :wtflol:

85toyo said:
That's what I said on FB. Apparently I am a hater and I will be proven wrong. :wtflol:

Gotcha. I fully support team Plowboy-buggy car etc in this endeavor. Just seems like a ton a work to be compliant with the KOH rules to that buggy. I'm sure it'll keep the front grill assembly and Deere beadlocks but lots to change.

Boys just set back and wait. Ain't nothing short about Richie Keith. He will be ready and so will green. Oh with some help from Joe too. Can't wait.

It'll be the first U4 tractor.

For the upgrades, I presume it will get a new roof with more head room, fuel cell updates for safety and capacity and, if they wanna go full potato, toss on some trailing arms in the back. Maybe we'll see another set of the King IBP shocks, but it doesn't look like they would have too much trouble packaging a standard CO/TBP shock combo.

It's going to be interesting to see what they come up with. Then it will be even more interesting when he brings it back home and we see how it compares to its former self on his home turf

Man PLOWBOY and Ultra 4 KOH awww **** sounds like fire and gas. Go get 'em Mr. Keith! :woot: :woot:

Crossbreeding Plowboy for SRRS & Ultra 4 can't wait to see this and I hope he kicks ass at the event also :dblthumb: go getem GREEN TEAM loller.gif