• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plumbing help!!!

Ok, so my tub drains slow, and the toilet barely flushes while the tub is draining. When the tub is almost drained out, the toilet starts bubbling. Google searches led me to a do ityourself site and it suggests the vent. I got on the roof and looked into it and I see water waaay down in there, but no dead birds as the site suggested. It says snake a garden hose all the way down and turn it on to flush it out. Is this legit?

Any other suggestions? A plumber is out of the question, especially after spending so much $$$ at Christmas. :dunno:

The garden hose through the vent is just to save you from having to pull up your toilet. Most likely you have a clog in the main drain. When mine happened it was because the ol lady was giving the boys a bath and some G.I. Joe men or legos or some **** went down the drain and met up with one of her hair balls. I had to crawl under the house with a sawzall and cut the pipe to get our's out. Dental picks, hair, and toys all in a mangled mess that looked like a chupacabra had crawled in my pipes. Get you one of those things that screw on the hose and swell up in the pipe to blow the **** out. Mine was so bad that didn't work so out came the sawzall.

I hate plumbing but it was better than the 6" of **** that was backed up into the tub :puke:

be careful flushing it out like you just mentioned. Im no plumber by any means but what you said about it being slow, you may cause water to back up in the pipes back though all you sink drains. No big deal but just be aware of it so you can cut it off it does happen so you dont fill your floors full of water. Especially the washing machine drain since theres no bowl to catch the water. I may be wrong and it might not work like that just kinda how it would go for me lol.

Re: Re: Plumbing help!!!

It's legit. If the drain line is blocked/plugged/stopped up, when the water burps thru the p traps it'll cause slow drain. Had to do the same at home. Mine was up stairs tub/toilet.

I do septic systems. Just fixed to call me I'll talk you thru the most likely fix.
706 669 0629. After 8 am in the morning. 12-27-13

a dog knot is "one of those things that screw on the hose and swell up in the pipe to blow the **** out". Not sure what the real name is but dog knot is what I've heard it called but that is KS> In Bama the guy in teh store may say wtf is a dog knot? It swells up with water pressure to make it unable to be pulled or blown out so when you blow pressure in the toilet it doens't just bubble in the tub/vice versa.
Is there a P trap you can unscrew and pull? basement?

That's what I use too Kelly.
e4e4ahup.jpg

But with water hose

You may have a buddy that lives like 6 miles away that would help you with most anything. Maybe you should call him when you need help!! :flipgotcha:

right after the original post, my neighbor called again to check on me and told me he swore up and down that the hoes in the vent tube would work. I went up on the roof and started the water hose up there and then my son comes out screaming to shut it off, the toilet is overflowing. So since then I have had the toilet of the base twice, snaked it 3 times with the big rental unit from Home Depot, and nowI'm just getting back from Walmart from getting a toilet repair kit and the balloon thing that you showed in the picture. I will try it and let you guys know. If that doesn't work I will be under the house with a sawzall tomorrow putting in all PVC pipes.

Good luck man! The dawg will work....don't be alarmed at the noise it makes 8)

If you do have to sawzall put you in a T with a cap screw for when it happens again.

I have them on both houses and they work great for your problem

Homo Depot was closed when I needed em at 10:30, so I got the water powered balloon thing from WalMart. I'm gonna try to convert it to air tomorrow since I can't overflow the toilet with air. On the plus side, I'll probably have dysentary soon, all the poo-water I've handled. Again, thanks guys. I'd be calling a plumber if it weren't for you fellers and youtube.
:****:

BEATIN35S said:
Pump your septic tank bet a quarter it will fix the problem
Yep,what I was gonna say,tank may be full.Depending on the size of the family,it should be pumped out every 5 years or so.

We thought it was on city sewer, well we assumed it was. After some redneck plumbing today we came to the conclusion it was in the yard. Mike went at it with a Mexican backhoe (aka a shovel) and yes he has a septic tank and yes it's full. Hopefully that's all that's wrong. We did however find multiple things that need attention under the house.

You have a serious blockage. You should have clean outs on your main septic line under your house. May want to check make sure it doesn't have any bad sags or bow in it. 3" drain pipe should have 1/4" drop per foot and 4" pipe should have 1/8 drop per foot going towards septic tank.

Latest posts