• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plumbing help !!!

rdw0007

I am getting ready to build on some new land recently purchased. My water meter is going to be about 4000 feet from where my house will be. My question is what size pipe do I need to use to run that far from the meter and still have decent volume and pressure. This will be feeding one bathroom in the shop and 3 bath home kitchen washer etc. I was told 1 in pex will be fine and also told I need at least 2 in slip joint. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ross

Google is your friend. You can find pressure/friction loss tables on any pipe from the manufacturer.

Example: https://www.rehau.com/download/868390/pexa-piping-pressure-loss-tables.pdf

Edit: also check with your water company. They should be able to give you both an upstream & downstream static & residual pressure of the main you will be tapping. They also should be able to tell you flow for both(in gph).

If you run a 3" line and install a residential fire hydrant at the house you will get a big discount on your insurance. I wouldnt run anything less than 2" that far and the cost difference in 2 and 3 is minimal.

Re:

A 3 inch will not run a fire hydrant. In the case a fire truck was hooked to it, the lack of water volume and the suction off the pump. It could collapse the line.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was curious about the 3" also? You are going to be limited at the meter unless you go way oversized with it also which is pretty expensive to buy plus the monthly rate is higher!

I am 1300' off the road. Was gonna run 2" meter with a 2" line to my house. 3/4 meter was 350$, 1"meter was 400$, 2" meter was 1400$ with commercial water rate which is double the residential rate. So I checked with a engineer friend about flow and I installed a 1" meter with 2" line. There is only about 10' of 1" line to the meter and the flow difference is very minimal like this with the cost difference being major. I hope this info helps. I was gonna go with a well but the water quality in my immediate area was ****. Have u considered that option?

Hey guys I just saw this thread..... wanted to answer some of your questions.

Yes we have a vent, yes we stack, and yes we flow better than anything on the market.

The reason that Fuelworx was started was because the current gas cans are terrible and I wanted to do something about it.

It took over 5 years to get this right but I think we nailed it.

Give us a try and I promise you will not be disappointed.

On a side note.... I'm a wheeler and gear head and not some big company that is happy about selling you junk just to make a profit.

Please check us out and send me your feedback. Our goal is to be the best and your feedback will help.

Thank you,

Tim