• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Polaris agrees to pay a hefty fine for defective ROV's

BLT94YJ

Attachments

• RZR.jpg
    RZR.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 117
BLT94YJ said:
You mean how many banks own these things. lol.

Legit conversation from RBD a few years ago:
"Hey man that's a nice RZR. How much did it cost you?"

"$229 a month"

"No, like how much did you pay for it?"

"$229 a month"

Stretch said:
Legit conversation from RBD a few years ago:
"Hey man that's a nice RZR. How much did it cost you?"

"$229 a month"

"No, like how much did you pay for it?"

"$229 a month"

I made alooooota money in the car game off that mindset. "Can you keep the payments the same as they are now?" SUUUUURE!

tonybolton said:
I made alooooota money in the car game off that mindset. "Can you keep the payments the same as they are now?" SUUUUURE!

Heck we can go lower if you want :rolf: 88 months later dude pays off his $46,000 mustang :rolf:

blacksheep10 said:
I can't imagine financing one of these things. It's a disposable toy. Then again I can't imagine financing a boat so what do I know

It's all in what you can justify.

Dad thought I was stupid for "modifying" a car that I had financed. I told him the car was financed with Ford for 0% and the money that I was going to pay cash with was still in the bank MAKING a few percentages. I earned some credibility that day with the old man. He taught me well. :) Miss him...

But no, I would not finance an offroad toy.....or boat....or even buy a boat. I'd by a RZR but it would hafta be a divorce type below wholesale type deal.

I feel your situation was different than typical financing. I don't feel I can afford a toy until I can pay for it without stressing other areas where I need to be responsible. If I can't pay cash for it, I can't afford it. You could pay cash for it but found a better financial alternative.
Probably why I don't get out and travel around and wheel like I used to. I don't make much money by most people's standards, but I have a lot of stuff. Hard to justify spending it on travel when I can spend it on tangibles. Then I will be 50 and wonder why I never went anywhere laughing1
It's a balance.
Wow, I haven't gotten distracted while typing on here in a while.

I would love a RZR but I'm not going to go into debt over something like that. They look like a blast and seem so much easier to deal with than the jeep but damn it they are pricey.

jeeptj99 said:
I would love a RZR but I'm not going to go into debt over something like that. They look like a blast and seem so much easier to deal with than the jeep but damn it they are pricey.

...that....and they just seem so fragile unless you replace every suspension part on them with high dollar stuff.

Re: Re: Polaris agrees to pay a hefty fine for defective ROV's

tonybolton said:
...that....and they just seem so fragile unless you replace every suspension part on them with high dollar stuff.
Are they fragile or do people just beat the **** out of them thinking their a financable rock bouncer, that they can carry full insurance and don't think they need to do any maintenance? The ones I've seen torn up were places they shouldn't have been.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
The ones I've seen torn up were places they shouldn't have been.

Me too basically. Seen them broke on Cadillac....Rail...Schoolbus at Windrock. I've also seen some kill those hills, but they were heavily....HEAVILY modded. They looked bigger than Samurai's on 35's!!

No joke...one day on Schoolbus we came up on a group of stockish SXS's stuck on the first hard spot. Axle broke. We BS'd for about 30-45 minutes while they changed it and then he broke the other side 5ft from where he was first stuck. We all turned around after that.

They should give everybody that has ever owned a gayzr 500 bucks and a hand written apology for selling such a pos to the public.

I got one in the for sale section. There goes the resale! :****: However mine does have the necessary parts to help it hold up, for a lot less than I got it in. The amount you lose on these is crazy, thats why I would never finance one. I wish Polaris would buy it back haha