• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pole Barn Builders?

BlackYJ

I am going to be needing a new shop in the near future and was thinking about going with a pole barn, but I can not seem to find many people around here that build them, and the ones that I have found seem like they are pretty high. So I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for a builder close to Florence al. I am wanting a 30x40x12 with two doors and one walk through. thanks

Since I bought my body shop i haven't been able to do much on that side of things . However my brother Owns AGCOR Steel in Cullman Al. He manufacturers and distributes all of the building components for pole barn,metal buildings, shops, and chicken houses. He has a few different crews that erect them as well.
AGCOR Steel
256-734-4481

I don't think they will get all the way down to Flo-town, but mine in Nashville was built by Walt's Buildings. I'd definitely buy from them again (sold and moved). Might see if they will get to your area.

zayne2427 said:
Since I bought my body shop i haven't been able to do much on that side of things . However my brother Owns AGCOR Steel in Cullman Al. He manufacturers and distributes all of the building components for pole barn,metal buildings, shops, and chicken houses. He has a few different crews that erect them as well.
AGCOR Steel
256-734-4481

I'm gonna need one soon as well. Do they get down to B'ham (South B'ham/Chelsea)?

When we buy the new house next year, I'm gonna build a new shop, hopefully in the 30x40 range as well, so I'll be watching this thread.

Trying to decide between metal or pole barn style, or one framed up with siding and shingles to match the house. All depends on price difference between the options for the same size. Ole lady wants a room upstairs for storage in it if we was to build one to match the house.

I like this style with the carport area, but maybe a little bigger.

53bb7feef96ac2e3aa63160faddaf048.jpg

Re: Re: Pole Barn Builders?

TacomaJD said:
What's the rough cost of a 30x40 pole barn including concrete? $15k range?

How many/what size/type doors? Insulated?

Big variable.

15k with no doors or electrical is probably doable.

TBItoy said:
How many/what size/type doors? Insulated?

Big variable.

15k with no doors or electrical is probably doable.

A friend of mine just had a guy build a super nice 30 wide 40 deep all metal shop with perlin beams, insulated, one bigass door big enough to fit a tractor through, and a lean-to on the right side the length of the building for $20k and wired it himself. That price included dirt pad, concrete pad, structure fabrication and all labor minus wiring. I figured an insulated pole barn the same size would be much cheaper since it's a skeleton of wood instead of perlins?

Re:

It's all really variable, truss design, number of trusses, number of poles, etc make a big difference too.

I've seen some pole barns with 4x4 poles and 2x4 trusses on 12' centers that shook when the wind blew.

Re:

TBItoy said:
It's all really variable, truss design, number of trusses, number of poles, etc make a big difference too.

I've seen some pole barns with 4x4 poles and 2x4 trusses on 12' centers that shook when the wind blew.

Yeah, def don't want that. I like the idea of all metal bc it will pretty much last forever unless struck by natural disaster. I just figured by as many pole barns I see people building, there was a major price niche there, otherwise it would be a no brainer to build with all metal, imo.

Walt's Buildings did just the building, including the 12x12 door (non-insulated) and 16w x 10h' (non insulated) for right around $12k, installed (Back in 2010). I had the pad done by someone else for some custom work. But I think it would have cost me another $5k to have Walt's do it. This also does not have soffits or overhangs which can help with the overall look, and air flow if you close off the ceiling and put in a ridge vent. Also, if you can, get at least a 14' wall. This will not only allow you a 12' door which will accomodate some RVs (most need 13'), but it will also allow you to put in a 2-post lift easily and with room.

This is a 40x30x14'.

Keep in mind, the interior pic has a lot more to it than just the shell. 1" Spray foam, R19 batts, studs on 16" throughout, 1/2" Drywall, and all the electrical your heart could desire.

The pics you see are the outside, the inside with no electrical, studs, interior anything, just a concrete and shell. Then the final right as I had finished doing the walls and trim, and it never looked that empty again.

P1050908.jpg

P1050902.jpg

IMG_20110504_201313.jpg

Beerj said:
That 12k didn't include the electrical, insulation and drywall did it?
I think he meant that price only included dirt work, concrete, and building shell.

Which is along the lines of the cheaper price I was expecting out of a pole barn. Of course, that was also 6 years ago.

Beerj said:
That 12k didn't include the electrical, insulation and drywall did it?

Nope. That was the building ONLY. The shell, what you see with the picture from inside the shop with the boat in the pic. Not including concrete and dirt work. I had special requirements from my concrete so I subbed that out separately. I figure 5-6k for a floor this size of 4". But that's not thick enough IMO for 2-post lift, and a few other items.

All of the other stuff, epoxy, electrical, spray foam, wood for studs, fiberglass batts, drywall, lights, floor trim, paint, etc..................was not in that 12k.